Toast Welcome Will Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s he at this year? Big trial 1 then no involvement against Port ….
I have been playing footy since I was about 7, have had a few roles as a coach, and feel like I know a few things about the game.
I have never been able to understand why JOM gets picked over Brodie. In almost every metric apart from disposal, I think Brodie is the superior (and younger) footballer. I have watched Brodie closely at Peel and am actually impressed by some of his defensive stuff in tight too (the tackles and smothers).
I can only assume there are leadership qualities around the club from JOM that we don't see, because it well and truly has me stumped.

I have been playing footy since I was about 7, have had a few roles as a coach, and feel like I know a few things about the game.
I have never been able to understand why JOM gets picked over Brodie. In almost every metric apart from disposal, I think Brodie is the superior (and younger) footballer. I have watched Brodie closely at Peel and am actually impressed by some of his defensive stuff in tight too (the tackles and smothers).
I can only assume there are leadership qualities around the club from JOM that we don't see, because it well and truly has me stumped.
This checks out to me.

Yes it was a fantasy question but have watched him fairly closely in purple. Brodie is slow, but his work on the inside, in particular with his hands, to allow your other guys to spread is as good as anyone’s. JOM has just lost all mobility.

This guy was so huge for us last year, he averaged:

27 disposals, 12 contested possessions, 5 clearences and 5 tackles.

We all know he has limitations with his tank and defensive efforts but watching Petracca tonight, we desperately need a big bodied mid. Brodie is 24 but has only played 50 games and hasn't reached his ceiling yet. We need to get him into the side asap and help him to improve his game. Guys like JOM should be the cherry on top and not form the core of our midfield.
Agreed.

I enjoyed his 2022 season. He got a lot of the ball. Helped us get into finals and won a final too.

Mate, I’m rejecting reports on your posts at the moment. I’m not calling you a troll or have said anything of the sort. I’m not after that added disclaimer part either, just asking that if Brodie is not traded for a late pick as you said that will you say you were wrong? It seems you meant this trade period, just confirming you meant this trade period as well?
Has he admitted he was wrong yet?

Will Brodie is our fyfe replacement.
Just needs to keep interested and he will be back shortly 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back