Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

What a gun this kid is going to be. Kicks goals too

Something between a Sam Walsh and Connor Rozze with more running power.

He reminds me of those Josh Kelly or Whitfield types who just run sides off their feet all day.

I might be off the mark, but I keep sensing Benny Cousins vibes if he can build out his contested game. Runs all day, serious tank, hard worker, solid and reliable (above average) kick/disposal but not exactly elite, and makes good decisions.

I might be off the mark, but I keep sensing Benny Cousins vibes if he can build out his contested game. Runs all day, serious tank, hard worker, solid and reliable (above average) kick/disposal but not exactly elite, and makes good decisions.

Sounds like Rob Harvey.
Rob needs to coach him on how to hunch over and trick everyone into thinking he's cooked for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ones ever gonna believe Darcy is cooked.
duracell-bunny.gif

Don't all first round draft picks now get a 3 year contract?

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Top 20 picks - so Wilson qualifies, Collard doesn't.

From the CBA

First Year AFL Player Contracts

(a) National Draft Selection Meeting
If an AFL Player is drafted by a Club in the National Draft Selection Meeting, that AFL Player and Club will enter into an AFL Standard Playing Contract for the following minimum terms:

(i) Pick 1 to 20 at the National Draft Selection Meeting – three (3) year minimum
term; or

(ii) Pick 21 or later at the National Draft Selection Meeting – two (2) year
minimum term

Prime Tom Scully vibes

Will be better than Scully, Darcy has the ability to become an actual outside/inside mix mid not just an outside runner like Scully was.

Scully was an elite athlete but an average footballer. Wilson looks a lot more natural with the ball in hand.

Darcy put on 9 kilos in his 18th year…if he can just add a few more to his frame, which is still on the light side, could definitely be an inside/ outside mid potentially
images

I think he was only a Kg lighter than Windsor ( 76kg) at draft time, probably a pretty normal weight for 18 YO recruits.
Others like Sanders were already 85Kg , which might be why they were a bit more dominant at a younger age.

I'm not fussed if we got one that matured slightly later.

Lenny's weight was normally listed between 83 and 87, and i reckon he was a fair bit skinnier when he started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back