Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Where was that reported?

If they were all in agreement then good but wasn’t exactly the picture painted here when it happened
It was widely reported when the issue about the change of location for the pictures became public knowledge.

But Balta has shown he ain't no forward and never will. Brain and eyesight won't allow it. If Lynch is coked well we have no hope and might as well kiss 25 goodbyes also.
Balta averaging 4.8 marks 1.2 goals this year. Just passable. Ryan didn't come on, Kosi under whelming, so still Huge qn marks over Lynch's return.
Huge qn marks over new CEO, new head recruiter.
I thought we drafted OK in 21 so am confident in the next crop. I think there will be the usual 2 or 3 trades.

Retiring senior players is a bit tricky.

Steve Morris, is one guy we absolutely have to keep. I just hope the club ensures he’s elevated above a couple of other assistants next year, and plays a bigger role, albeit coaching our kids in the VFL is a major role.

Just my 2 cents worth. Teague and Rutten came from clubs (Carlton and Essendon) with 2 to 3 decades of loser mentality. Maybe that is a big part of the problem. Maybe it is time for them to go and be replaced. Personally I'd like Steve Morris right now as both our defence and forward coach. Yes, you heard it right. He's doing a wonderful job as our VFL coach. Chris Newman can be our midfield coach. Jury is still out on Jack Ziebell. Another bloke coming from a loser club mentality but I'm willing to give him a chance.
Yep I can see how good Morris’ game plan and ball movement looks like now he has no decent VFL players

You expect them to be able to execute a game plan perfectly when you have no players and are completely outmatched?
That is my point. No different to Yze. How can you judge him at the moment. Morris looked a great coach until this week. Now that VFL team is no good because of injuries will Morris be a shit coach?

That is my point. No different to Yze. How can you judge him at the moment. Morris looked a great coach until this week. Now that VFL team is no good because of injuries will Morris be a s**t coach?
Morris is an excellent motivator and the players play for him, but you’re right without the cattle, doesn’t matter how good you are.
Also he’s responsible for implementing Yzes game plan at VFL level, just like he was responsible for implementing Dimmas. If the game plan sucks it’s nothing to do with Morris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing says the good old grim dark days of Richmond than sacking the coach 10 rounds in for reasons of removing a half decade old picture off a wall and not being able to field an afl side.

I'm sure Yze would be the first to say he's got a couple things wrong, but no decision right or wrong, could swing the dial significantly. Season 2024 is an absolute train wreck and if we're honest, after the Carlton game, we were dead on arrival.

While the usual suspects are complaining about Yze, I've actually been pleased with his coaching. It would be quite easy to take the short term view and look to protect against blow out losses to keep supporters happy, but he is actually taking a long term view to how he is coaching.

Yze came in with a plan of how he wanted his side to line up and made calls early on to put players in those roles and for the most part he has stuck to them. Even as things have gone from bad to worse with the injury crisis there hasn't been any panicking from Yze and reactionary coaching with short term decisions being made. He is sticking to his beliefs with regards to the line up and how he wants us to play.

While it's hard to see at the moment, the game plan is about us being defensively sound across the park, strong in the contest and quick direct ball movement into the F50, where the plan was to have multiple weapons at his disposal to hit the scoreboard.

You only need to look back at the games against Carlton Port & Sydney to see that the way the side structured up and was able to play a high pressure brand of footy defensively and able to hit the scoreboard. Had it not been for the injuries I don't believe for one second that we'd have lost the last 2 games by 15 & 20 goals, not saying we would have won the games either, but we would have been a lot more competitive than we ended up being.

I've mentioned previously that this year is the year that the club needed to have to truly understand where the list is at and then make the necessary calls at seasons end to start to build the list in the way that Yze wants it. The cull at seasons end will set the tone for what's to come in 2025 & 2026 as that is when we'll truly get to see Yzes plans being put into play.

My hope for the rest of the season is that Yze truly embraces the rebuild process and continues to pour time and development into the young players that have started to show something during this period. It's the way forward and will deliver the rewards over the next few years.

Seriously Lyon, Healy and Cornes that’s who reckon it was the right thing to do ?
The right thing to do is to give him an opportunity with a Full list without Injuries. Anyone that can not see that is crazy.

Nothing says the good old grim dark days of Richmond than sacking the coach 10 rounds in for reasons of removing a half decade old picture off a wall and not being able to field an afl side.

I'm sure Yze would be the first to say he's got a couple things wrong, but no decision right or wrong, could swing the dial significantly. Season 2024 is an absolute train wreck and if we're honest, after the Carlton game, we were dead on arrival.

This is what bothers me, all these clowns coming out and saying we need this coach or that coach.. it's like people forgot WHY we were in the wilderness for so long. I don't want to see that happen again. Yze stays, for at least 2-3 years, then we can assess his tenure properly.

What's the injury list? Like 28 players? We have blokes barely VFL level playing in the 1s and yet this is the coaches fault, Sack him?
Classic Richmond Fans.
the blame goes to the board and outgoing ceo who promoted louie meehan from within and didnt get rid of him when the writing was on the wall in 2023

That is my point. No different to Yze. How can you judge him at the moment. Morris looked a great coach until this week. Now that VFL team is no good because of injuries will Morris be a s**t coach?
Based on what the majority here believe I say Yes. Injuries mean nothing to a lot of people on here in regards to our performances. Like seriously get with it. As for the game plan hard to do with limited to no players.

I also think it’s silly to expect a first time sr coach to get everything right from day 1 Yze is going to make mistakes, just like players make mistakes when they are inexperienced

Combined with the fact that we are currently playing a side that is lacking experience across every line due to injuries

What will matter more than any mistakes he may be making now is if over time he develops and grows to adapt and learn from those mistakes

The coach we had when Dimma first walked in the doors isn’t the coach that he grew into after winning 3 flags

We lost to them by 5p then beat the swans the week after , how on earth do you conclude that

the blame goes to the board and outgoing ceo who promoted louie meehan from within and didnt get rid of him when the writing was on the wall in 2023
Maybe so but many you included have put most of the blaim on Yze. It’s not his fault our current position that goes to the club for the recruitment of Meehan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back