Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what the majority here believe I say Yes. Injuries mean nothing to a lot of people on here in regards to our performances. Like seriously get with it. As for the game plan hard to do with limited to no players.
Our midfield is simply pushing shit up hill , a paltry number of entries into f50 and near zero pressure on the opposition 75 i50s . Not sure any coach could do any better with the resources we got out there , it’s pretty ordinary
It’s so evident we need top end talent on our list

Don’t think I can recall a season with so many injuries and consequently bad results in my 50 years of following this great club. If anyone for one moment reckons Yze is responsible for our current situation they ought to be banned and suspended.
When this season is finally over and with some injury luck next year, this year will be a distant memory.

Don’t think I can recall a season with so many injuries and consequently bad results in my 50 years of following this great club. If anyone for one moment reckons Yze is responsible for our current situation they ought to be banned and suspended.
When this season is finally over and with some injury luck next year, this year will be a distant memory.
I can’t recall one , it’s just a wipeout . It can’t end soon enough

Maybe so but many you included have put most of the blaim on Yze. It’s not his fault our current position that goes to the club for the recruitment of Meehan.
im just angry

I also think the afl is at fault for the league wide injury plague becuase of their spur of the moment rule changes

the stand rule is to blame

While the usual suspects are complaining about Yze, I've actually been pleased with his coaching. It would be quite easy to take the short term view and look to protect against blow out losses to keep supporters happy, but he is actually taking a long term view to how he is coaching.

Yze came in with a plan of how he wanted his side to line up and made calls early on to put players in those roles and for the most part he has stuck to them. Even as things have gone from bad to worse with the injury crisis there hasn't been any panicking from Yze and reactionary coaching with short term decisions being made. He is sticking to his beliefs with regards to the line up and how he wants us to play.

While it's hard to see at the moment, the game plan is about us being defensively sound across the park, strong in the contest and quick direct ball movement into the F50, where the plan was to have multiple weapons at his disposal to hit the scoreboard.

You only need to look back at the games against Carlton Port & Sydney to see that the way the side structured up and was able to play a high pressure brand of footy defensively and able to hit the scoreboard. Had it not been for the injuries I don't believe for one second that we'd have lost the last 2 games by 15 & 20 goals, not saying we would have won the games either, but we would have been a lot more competitive than we ended up being.

I've mentioned previously that this year is the year that the club needed to have to truly understand where the list is at and then make the necessary calls at seasons end to start to build the list in the way that Yze wants it. The cull at seasons end will set the tone for what's to come in 2025 & 2026 as that is when we'll truly get to see Yzes plans being put into play.

My hope for the rest of the season is that Yze truly embraces the rebuild process and continues to pour time and development into the young players that have started to show something during this period. It's the way forward and will deliver the rewards over the next few years.
tell me if letting your man have 15 m break is part of the game plan? you ommitted that. we play this zone rubbish where players are free all the time. tell me also what is the game plan for kick ins and centre clearance? we are always down in those numbers.! tell me is tackling part of yze game plan???

tell me if letting your man have 15 m break is part of the game plan? you ommitted that. we play this zone rubbish where players are free all the time. tell me also what is the game plan for kick ins and centre clearance? we are always down in those numbers.! tell me is tackling part of yze game plan???
Didn’t we have more tackles than the opposition

Bruise free footy and the senior players are just as responsible. We had 11 premiership players out there and 9 other players with 3 or more seasons under their belt or mature age picks. . Only three actual young players and one was probably our best. The excuses are poor regarding his game plan, getting the players up and especially the Senior ones.
The twelve guys below the senior group only 3-4 are good enough and similar with the senior guys.
Yze has set low standards from the start and it's become infectious. There is no excuse for effort and doing the basics right.

Last edited:
Bruise free footy and the senior players are just as responsible. We had 11 premiership players out there and 9 other players with 3 or more seasons under their belt or mature ag picks. . Only three actual young players and one was probably our best. The excuses are poor regarding his game plan, getting the players up and especially the Senior ones.
The twelve guys below the senior group only 3-4 are good enough and similar with the senior guys.
Yze has set low standards from the start and it's become infectious. There is no excuse for effort and doing the basics right.
Hard to argue with this TI

Effort is all we expect, I think we could all cop 40-60 pt losses if we see them leaving it all out there but seeing the likes of KMac fumble and basically run backwards (he used to be such a smooth glider, now he's slow as a treacle), Dusty is just going through the motions and I was very disappointed with brown as well, he squibbed going in and under when the ball was up for grabs at least twice, allowing easy goals form 5 metres out. Was just ball watching. Nank is a shell of himself, looking old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has to remember how Hardwick started off very short memories some of us when you have injuries and don’t have the replacement cattle of course he wouldn’t be able to execute a game plan
He needs time and we need to cull list and get as many 1st rounders as possible before Tassie comes in this draft is a super midfielders draft we start there and build with free agents for kpd ,ruck and kpf and hopefully find a gem in mid season draft

Everyone has to remember how Hardwick started off very short memories some of us when you have injuries and don’t have the replacement cattle of course he wouldn’t be able to execute a game plan
He needs time and we need to cull list and get as many 1st rounders as possible before Tassie comes in this draft is a super midfielders draft we start there and build with free agents for kpd ,ruck and kpf and hopefully find a gem in mid season draft
Another smart post. 💯 with everything

Given the current injury crisis, it makes it quite difficult when it comes to training during the week where we'd usually be able to work on our defensive structures and set ups for kick ins. Add to that our starting midfield is sitting in the stands and we're asking inexperienced players to go up against seasoned players and yet we won the clearance battle yesterday 36-35 & centre clearances 16-11. As for tackling, we're trying to tackle, but when we have a lot of immature bodies running around our tackles don't quite stick like they should, which is disappointing, but it will improve as we get players back and our younger players get stronger and develop better technique.

I reluctantly came in here thinking my pro Yze comments might be an overwhelming minority but seems quite the opposite. I love that Yze cops it and doesn't deviate. It seems he decided very early on that he wanted to learn as much about our list and coaching group as he could this season, so he could make the tough calls at season end to start 2025 with his team as opposed to the team he inherited. He's sticking to his guns on line groups set up preseason.

Example, he knows in Balta he has a potential AA key back but he'd rather find out IF he might also have a quality KPF as clearly we require a couple following Jack's retirement and Lynch is 32 in October (and looking cooked).

I'm sure he's hating the scoreboard as much as all of us but I see method in his apparent madness.

Yze's coaching resume is very strong and there's every reason to believe he will eventually be a successful coach. And whilst our club will offer extensive support, he'll also be reviewed honestly and fairly along the way.

That's the beauty of RFC in 2024 as opposed to say 2004. The Peggy-Benny legacy is ultra professional.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yze is not to blame and I think he will be a fine coach. Look at our games against Carlton and Sydney he out coached them.

But Jon Ralph is saying our leaders have questioned Yze on our ball movement. That’s not a good sign.
What do you know? I say what ball movement? lol

Yze is not to blame and I think he will be a fine coach. Look at our games against Carlton and Sydney he out coached them.

But Jon Ralph is saying our leaders have questioned Yze on our ball movement. That’s not a good sign.
The report said they wanted more clarity regarding our ball movement, understandable when he's trying to implement a game style, but is handcuffed when it comes to training it properly due to limited numbers on the track at training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back