Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

The dees had more scoring shots in each final they lost and arguably should've won both. He can't go out on to the field and kick it for them
Still lost 😞 in the end it was a ridiculous point made as Yze wasn’t the senior coach and by then everything their coach and assistants had already been set in motion from the season and previous seasons. They won the flag in 21 and still had and have a good side. Not even worth wasting our time with discussing could’ve happened and he was the man behind it all as he was an assistant. Just like mini picked up the pieces last year from Dimma . The team didn’t improve from when Dimma left.

Last edited:
Now you know what it's like to be a Tiger Adem,no frees no respect no nothing from the CFL.

LOL,even if Craig McRae came back to Tigerland,all those gift wrapped red bow tied frees would disappear in a flash.

Welcome to Richmond.

Our cups don't crack when you tap them.

Respect Yze and understand him being kind in public about our players and effort. But in private watching game film if he honestly thinks that effort and intent was good we are in serious trouble.
I get where he is coming from. Blasting a team of kids when our best senior players are out injured is counterproductive. Not going to build their confidence. You blast a team of senior players that should be top of table and underperforming. Eg Fagan should be blasting his squad. Most of our players are indeed probably trying their best, but just out of their depth and lacking experience

Still lost 😞 in the end it was a ridiculous point made as Yze wasn’t the senior coach and by then everything their coach and assistants had already been set in motion from the season and previous seasons. They won the flag in 21 and still had and have a good side. Not even worth wasting our time with discussing could’ve happened and he was the man behind it all as he was an assistant. Just like mini picked up the pieces last year from Dimma . The team didn’t improve from when Dimma left.
Fair enough mate.

You're right, even if he was the brains behind the operation, head coach is another kettle of fish. I'm still bullish on him though.

I get where he is coming from. Blasting a team of kids when our best senior players are out injured is counterproductive. Not going to build their confidence. You blast a team of senior players that should be top of table and underperforming. Eg Fagan should be blasting his squad. Most of our players are indeed probably trying their best, but just out of their depth and lacking experience
Sorry Chriso you’re putting it on our kids. I think it’s more our senior players that need the not so much spray, but at least put under notice as their performances are just not a going to be tolerated. It’s been all year the shenanigans and undisciplined acts and it’s obvious it hasn’t been addressed and if it has then it’s not getting through.
We had 11 multiple premiership players in that side on Saturday night and there are just no excuses for what they’ve put out.
As I’ve been saying all year Campbell is the only kid on the field and the rest have been on our list greater than three years or mature aged players. Half will probably never reach the top level , but are still performing better than most of the senior players.

Sorry Chriso you’re putting it on our kids. I think it’s more our senior players that need the not so much spray, but at least put under notice as their performances are just not a going to be tolerated. It’s been all year the shenanigans and undisciplined acts and it’s obvious it hasn’t been addressed and if it has then it’s not getting through.
We had 11 multiple premiership players in that side on Saturday night and there are just no excuses for what they’ve put out.
As I’ve been saying all year Campbell is the only kid on the field and the rest have been on our list greater than three years or mature aged players. Half will probably never reach the top level , but are still performing better than most of the senior players.
Agree senior players need to be held accountable, dropping some to play reserves would send the right message. But 12 players < 50 games need time to develop and sinking the boot won’t help them

Agree senior players need to be held accountable, dropping some to play reserves would send the right message. But 12 players < 50 games need time to develop and sinking the boot won’t help them
I agree the kids don’t need it, but the senior guys have gotten away with too much this season and it’s a bad look on our kids.

Can anybody tell me what our actual gamestyle is now? We just look like headless chooks atm
Hmmmm, I wonder why that might be? Perhaps the lack of continuity in the side might just be effecting the way they play as a team unit?
Injuries have killed us imo. Players need to play together as a unit to gel properly. End of this year will see a reset, with plenty of list changes and kids drafted at the pointy end hopefully.
Next year will be all about building the side togetherness, so may not be the huge lift some expect. I think in 2-3 years, we will be up there again assuming we draft and trade well. We’ve got the right List Manager to do it imo.

Hmmmm, I wonder why that might be? Perhaps the lack of continuity in the side might just be effecting the way they play as a team unit?
Injuries have killed us imo. Players need to play together as a unit to gel properly. End of this year will see a reset, with plenty of list changes and kids drafted at the pointy end hopefully.
Next year will be all about building the side togetherness, so may not be the huge lift some expect. I think in 2-3 years, we will be up there again assuming we draft and trade well. We’ve got the right List Manager to do it imo.
If only more people realise this rather than blaming the coach.

what a load of crap the media is dishing out, as usual cause they have nothing better to do.

No player steps on the field not to try. Anyone who knows competitive nature knows that doesn't happen.

Dogs outworked us and used their tank to better effect then we did.

Most Kids need a full year or two IN THE AFL to come up to speed, no short cuts here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it, the more I think he was right regarding our effort the other night, we were trying too hard (for most players anyway). I reckon thats why we were slipping over so much and the Dogs weren't.

Go outside and break into a light jog down the street, then run full pelt. Providing there is nothing to trip over, you're more likely to trip when you are running full speed then when you're just jogging.

You don't just trip over for no reason if you're not trying.

If slipping over is a result of trying too hard we would've spent 2017-2020 perpetually on the ground.

Repetitive slipping over is a confidence thing. Good players in good form aren't constantly on the deck like Short on Saturday.

Something to consider for those thinking Yze is not the right man for the job.

Before the injury crisis really took hold, this team ran with Carlton until the final siren despite being 3 men down for over half a game, then matched it with a full strength Port side for 3 quarters and handed Sydney their only loss for the year.

So that clearly suggests that when he has the players available, he has the game plan and structures that will allow us to at least be competitive with top 8 sides and win games against teams in the bottom half of the ladder.

Since then we've been cruelled by injuries to key players, with both our key forwards and key defender, starting midfield and a host of other best 23 players rotating in and out of the side.

There is not a side in the comp that could cope with that happening and for a first year coach to cop it to start their career is even more of an issue.

Despite all this chaos happening around him, Yze seems to have remained calm and composed, when it could have been quite easy to lose it, especially as results started to get worse and worse on the scoreboard. He has kept the players engaged and spirits seem to be pretty good when you see the social media clips during the week and before the games.

Now I know some have taken exception of the players playing games and joking around, but I don't think that matters that much, players need to have that release instead of being wound up worrying about how bad things are going. They'll know that it's nothing that they can control when it comes to other players being injured and all they can do is go about their business as best they can.

As I've said elsewhere this weekend, this season could very well be a blessing in disguise, much like 2016 was when we all looked back in hindsight after the 2017 season. Now I'm not saying that 2025 is going to be another premiership year, but I do believe that we will see the benefits of what has occurred this year come to the fore.

By seasons end it's possible that Trezise Cumberland Ryan McAuliffe Koschitzke Ralphsmith Sonsie Banks Brown Lefau Mansell Young Campbell Dow & Maurice have all had 5-20 games of development put into them, which will fast track the development they otherwise might not have had if everything went right this year.

I still expect there to be a changing of the guard some seasons end in which we will likely lose 6-8 senior players from the list, but the flip side to that is we will add 5-6 top rated kids from the draft to give our list the injection of youth and talent that it desperately needs.
Despite all this chaos happening around him, Yze seems to have remained calm and composed, when it could have been quite easy to lose it, especially as results started to get worse and worse on the scoreboard. He
Can't say the same for some of our supporters lol

See diver extraordinaire Matthew Lloyd is potting Yze’s press conference. It’s ridiculous. The club is more than the coach. There will be any manner of discussions around effort happening needing closed doors.
I never heard Kevin Sheedy calling out Lloyd for being a total campaigner who constantly played for free kicks and created a culture where one of the greatest teams ever assembled only won one flag.

See diver extraordinaire Matthew Lloyd is potting Yze’s press conference. It’s ridiculous. The club is more than the coach. There will be any manner of discussions around effort happening needing closed doors.
I never heard Kevin Sheedy calling out Lloyd for being a total campaigner who constantly played for free kicks and created a culture where one of the greatest teams ever assembled only won one flag.
That’s a great sign for our future then. Last time that tool bagged our coach ( Hardwick) was end of ‘16. Said Hardwick needed to go and a full rebuild was required. Next minnut, 3 flags in 4 years.
The guys a numptie, don’t rate his judgement whatsoever.

it looked to me like we were falling over to jib the contest cos we cbf

how good was it to be laughed at by the oppo again

hopefully we come out roaring next game and tackling like hungry tigers

although i hoped that after freo
Rule number one for any footballer is
KEEP your Eyes on the ball

Rule number 2

Keep your feet

We are hopeless at both and a poorly coached and a poorly prepared team. EMBARRASSING TO NOT BE ABLE TO DO THE BASICS RIGHT.

Just as well we weren't trying too hard in the 2017,19 and 20 final series as we may have fallen over. lol

Do we honestly think his going to pot the players in public ? No chance behind cosed doors the way it should be done home truths.
Last time Hardwick criticised our player to the media, it wasn't well received by Cumberland. Rather the coach keeps those comments behind closed doors than revealing this information to the media. Imagine the headlines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back