Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of Ben McGlynn. Hope he ends up better.

A little highlight for me was when he went for that leap on the wing, came crashing down then sprung back onto his feet in an instant to get back in the contest.

Dare I say it but I had a little flashback to Cyril. :eek: 😍

I don't think for a second he'll reach those heights but boy he's going to be exciting in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying really hard not to say he plays like Cyril as to temper expectations but gee whiz
No one plays like Cyril but you can certainly see where there are slight similarities. He has great closing speed, good defensive instincts.

He will likely never be as selfless as Cyril was and is proving a fair bit less reliable in front of goal. Cyril was an absolute dead eye. If he can get even 80% of Cyril he'll be one of the best small forwards of all time.

I’m trying really hard not to say he plays like Cyril as to temper expectations but gee whiz

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

No one plays like Cyril but you can certainly see where there are slight similarities. He has great closing speed, good defensive instincts.

He will likely never be as selfless as Cyril was and is proving a fair bit less reliable in front of goal. Cyril was an absolute dead eye. If he can get even 80% of Cyril he'll be one of the best small forwards of all time.
The pound for pound strength factor Id like to throw in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back