Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

It was still a trade, no need to be a dick about it.

Thanks, I didn’t realise he walked but to be fair I can’t blame him at all given how Brad Scott treated him, focusing on deficiencies not weapons and my lord his best weapon is elite.

As per other post really hope he continues to deliver well at the Hawks, great young kid with lots of talent.

Thanks, I didn’t realise he walked but to be fair I can’t blame him at all given how Brad Scott treated him, focusing on deficiencies not weapons and my lord his best weapon is elite.

As per other post really hope he continues to deliver well at the Hawks, great young kid with lots of talent.
I actually spoke to him just before the trade period, said Hawks offered him a better deal and felt it was a better move for his career. Looks to be paying off so far.

I actually spoke to him just before the trade period, said Hawks offered him a better deal and felt it was a better move for his career. Looks to be paying off so far.

That makes a lot of sense and is a credit to him and his management for identifying it now and making the right move at the right time. Stop making me like him even more haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love wet weather footy. The cleanest most skillful players stand out when the conditions are s**t and boy did he stand out yesterday.

He's built for it. One touch, pinpoint accurate on the left and prepared to take the hits.

Thought he was excellent yesterday and his class hone through. Not sure what Dons fans saw when they said he was soft, as he's anything but.

He's been an excellent pick up

Really glad he is playing well. One of the ones I did not want to lose. We offered him a contract but you guys offered better and with promise of Gametime so can't fault him leaving.

I never considered him soft. He always put his body on the line although he often lost those contests due to size.

His biggest issues were always defensive positioning and running. If he fixes those he will be a huge weapon.

Looks like a 200 game player in the making ….. what were the Bombers thinking!
Astute recruiting involves getting players into your club who are stuck behind others at an opposition club and lacking opportunity.

Given where the Bombers currently sit it doesn’t look like they’re missing him much - don’t you think?

A genuine win / win.

Really glad he is playing well. One of the ones I did not want to lose. We offered him a contract but you guys offered better and with promise of Gametime so can't fault him leaving.

I never considered him soft. He always put his body on the line although he often lost those contests due to size.

His biggest issues were always defensive positioning and running. If he fixes those he will be a huge weapon.
Has largely improved in the areas mentioned. He is halving or winning contests more often and even against bigger bodies. He is careless about his own safety half the time which is a superb attribute. His kicking is pure class and will be considered one of the best kicks in the league once he reaches his prime. He's just ultra clean, one touch and his defensive running and positioning on a wing is top notch.

This kid is such a bonus. Hitting players like Massimo or Dear for nothing is what makes the difference between making finals and actually winning the thing..

He is a lovely player, far exceeding my expectations. Should play 200+ no worries.

Essendon are doing allright at the moment but they will rue losing him. Their strike rate at the MSD is outstanding (Mass, Durham, Menzie and Snelling+ but I reckon Mass will be the best of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back