Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Cooper Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooper Stephens, former Cat, former Geelong Falcons Captain and boyhood Hawks fan. Welcome.

Last edited:

Know nothing about the bloke. Who does he play like? Does he have pace and acceleration? Good disposal skills? Can he rack up the possessions?
Just spoke to my bro in law about him ( big cats fan )

Describes him as a big bodied strongplayer, very clean hands , kicking isnt great but not horrible .
Upgrade on Worpel with a far higher ceiling , with respect to Worpel.

He is very disappointed they have lost him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another aerobic beast!

From his draft year: Stephens blitzed the combine, showing off his impressive endurance capabilities to score a combine-high 21.8 on the Yo-Yo test then run an outstanding time of six minutes and 17 seconds in the 2km time trial.

With Ward, Butler, Long, CMac, Moore, Nash, Maginness and now Stephen’s all gut runners there will be no outnumbering the Hawks around the ball … Sam has a plan!

Last edited:
Hoping he has a fast start to his career at the Hawks. Can already see people in the trade thread lining him up as a new whipping boy based on their perception of the trade he had no part in putting together.

I slept through the last hour of trade day (not kidding, I guess my body needed a nap more than it needed endless tapping of refresh key)

What was the actual trade? Was it a 3 way deal with the Cats and Pies?

EDIT: Just saw the deal, actually fairly satisfied with that...I might be in the minority there, but so be it

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back