Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think he smashed Pickett who watching it live looked dangerous... Walker certainly held his own though 👍

Pickett had a couple of moments but Walker beat him quite comfortably over the course of the game.

Pickett had a couple of moments but Walker beat him quite comfortably over the course of the game.
I don't disagree with your comment at all. Mine was that it's a reach saying pickett got smashed. Walker had a very good game which I'm stoked about. Pickett still got 17 touches and kicked a goal. If he got smashed it he would have been goaless and <10 possies

Forest for the trees, lads. With Walker in the backline team is
Work Together We Are One GIF by Film Riot

Last edited:
His agility and turn of direction/pace is just immense.

Pickett's movement would be so hard to track as a defender but Walker went with him every step of the way.

The fact we could feasibly have him, Young, Clark and Chapman rotating through our defence for the next 10 years is a bit ridiculous.

I don't disagree with your comment at all. Mine was that it's a reach saying pickett got smashed. Walker had a very good game which I'm stoked about. Pickett still got 17 touches and kicked a goal. If he got smashed it he would have been goaless and <10 possies

I wouldn't use the stats as a judge. Walker has the speed/agility to corral him and I think he was giving him a bit of space so he could sort of control/limit what he did, rather than lose him out the back and it becomes someone else's problem. Kozi got more of the ball than he usually does, but he wasn't damaging and didn't look threatening at all to me. I've seen Pickett play way better games when he has had less than 10 touches.

I wouldn't use the stats as a judge. Walker has the speed/agility to corral him and I think he was giving him a bit of space so he could sort of control/limit what he did, rather than lose him out the back and it becomes someone else's problem. Kozi got more of the ball than he usually does, but he wasn't damaging and didn't look threatening at all to me. I've seen Pickett play way better games when he has had less than 10 touches.

I think that we all agree that he beat Pickett but calling it a smashing is just ridiculously one eyed.

Brandon will have a big test next week on Charlie Cameron. Brandon is one of few players with the pace to match up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is Walker made Pickett get his touches up the ground, where he could not damage the scoreboard or create for the other Demon forwards. You could see Walker tail off him once he was outside 50 and kept him in front of him.

The difference is Walker made Pickett get his touches up the ground, where he could not damage the scoreboard or create for the other Demon forwards. You could see Walker tail off him once he was outside 50 and kept him in front of him.
Exactly. So many possessions on the wing, with little impact on the play. Walker was right on his hip whenever Pickett was close to the ball within 60m of goal, but outside that range he just made sure to cover his outlets. Walker's defensive smarts are very underrated – knows how to conserve energy for the contests that matter.

Enjoying the Walker love, deserving

For me it’s the more than occasional two touch possession that is getting himself in trouble. Time will clear that up I hope but for a pick in the 50’s, very happy

His buddy western will be a bit jealous I’d imagine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets dropped, doesn't play WAFL, earns his spot back.

Maybe he was just being rested

JL said something cryptic in his presser about supporting players over the last few weeks and I wondered what that was about. Sounded like someone had to deal with something personal. No idea which player/s though

I think his kicking is actually under appreciated. How many players that are absolutely rapid do you sit and think they have decent skills? Running a million miles an hour seems to generally have a massive impact on foot skills but Walker's kicking when he's running full tilt is fantastic AND he actually tries to hit targets almost every time when he's running full tilt. Most, like Clark just kick as long as they can either to go over the top or to a 1v1 contest, Walks almost always tries to hit a lead.

Absolutely cant be dropped again, the evidence is over-whelming now

Last edited:
I think his kicking is actually under appreciated. How many players that are absolutely rapid do you sit and think they have decent skills? Running a million miles an hour seems to generally have a massive impact on foot skills but Walker's kicking when he's running full tilt is fantastic AND he actually tries to hit targets almost every time when he's running full tilt. Most, like Clark just kick as long as they can either to go over the top or to a 1v1 contest, Walks almost always tries to hit a lead.

Absolutely cant dropped again, the evidence is over-whelming now
Yep Brandon stays down back and Griff goes forward.

Much better balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back