Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Switkowskis' stint in the middle/stoppages and how he can just move and carry the ball forwards makes me think we need Walker back. We need Walkers' run and willingness to move the ball and attack like Switkowski does, which look and feel to me almost like an individual effort and not a coached tactic. Looking at the s**t we're putting up with I especially don't even care about his deficiencies anymore.

Wilson has been good too. I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson & Walker working together. 2 real burst options in the chain out the back.

Chapman needs to go in the middle sooner rather than later so that's how they can fit in. Chapman's skills and kicking isn't needed in that backline but his contest work and football smarts is needed in the middle eventually.

I don't care if he runs himself into a dead end a few times a game. Get this guy back into the team and let him do his thing.

We can send one of the many half back flankers we have further up the ground to do their work and not lose anything defensively.
Too many of the same same. Wilson and Ryan play so similar in their long kicking and side stepping.
Clark has forgotten to run through the corridor. Walker at least provided that.

Signed until 2027 possibly 2028 :rainbow:
I am ridiculously happy and think the bloke is so important, but I know people who would gladly hurl abuse at him every time he got the ball (and think he's the reason Freo lose) - there's also people on this forum who probably do the same.

Truly hope he hits the heights and consistency I know he can and will, so that he can rightfully be celebrated for taking the game on and showing dare where a lot of our players don't.

Need a lightning quick full back to cover the dangerous/ lethal small forwards. Lock him in every game put him on the best Rankine/ Cameron till he becomes the best small lockdown in the business. The type of back that the best hate to play against. Can’t beat him with speed or footy smarts. Take that away and dangerous/lethal small forward position becomes a graveyard shift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To watch this bloke in his element against Charlie Cameron, Papley, Rankine etc has been incredible to watch. He's still young but with so much upside. Absolutely stoked he's been given the time to heal from his injuries and become the multi-AA champion he can be.

Also the best looking bloke on our list according to my mum. So that's important too.

Thrilled for GWW (Ghost Who etc) & for us. A good thing done.

As a side note, I hope the Club won’t continue their pattern of somewhat devaluing their other talent -on-the-spot in Wagner. His ceiling might be lower but he’s gone all out to make the most of his chances. Just don’t want Freo to do the low ball/overlook thing again, to ANY of our players depth or otherwise who’ve worked hard to show their value.

Thrilled for GWW (Ghost Who etc) & for us. A good thing done.

As a side note, I hope the Club won’t continue their pattern of somewhat devaluing their other talent -on-the-spot in Wagner. His ceiling might be lower but he’s gone all out to make the most of his chances. Just don’t want Freo to do the low ball/overlook thing again, to ANY of our players depth or otherwise who’ve worked hard to show their value.
You can't pay everyone their market rate, there isn't enough room in the salary cap. You have to prioritise to some degree.

True, yet Acres & Schultz should’ve been priorities but weren’t. Re Wagner and the like, I hope a commonsense balance prevails.
Schultz had nothing to do with money, despite how much that one podcast got shared.

Acres had been a flakey player for his entire career, bar one season. That's not the sort of player you give guaranteed money to. We offered him more money than Carlton, it was just dependant on him hitting certain targets. He chose less money that was guaranteed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back