Welcome Welcome Jaeger O'Meara!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember in his draft year having a conversation with a guy involved with footy up in Geraldton. Said he'd never seen a youngster come in and just completely dominate the seniors comp like Jaeger did and it was a pretty tough game up there.

I thought at the time, we'll never get a look at him.

Not what he was but can certainly play. If he can get on the park regularly in full fitnesss he may well surprise and would be very handy come finals time. Him and Fyfe, Andy & Caleb, Darcy & Jackson. Hello clearances.

Hard to be excited about him when it feels like we caved on Lobb and Meek just so we could get him to the club.

GWS did a medical on him, and the next day their list manager is on radio saying they hope that Jaegar chooses them because they're positive he can manage some midfield minutes amongst playing other positions, and he has good training standards.
People thinking we're getting a midfield powerhouse might want to temper their expectations.
I remember Matthew Knights saying that Mark Williams had definitely overcome his knee problems and was a great trade from the hawks. I don't want to see that happen here. I hope we've done our due diligence and he stars🤞🤞

Agreed. Knee injuries are always touch and go and lurking in the background. It all comes down to management. Heres hopimg. 🤞

I remember in his draft year having a conversation with a guy involved with footy up in Geraldton. Said he'd never seen a youngster come in and just completely dominate the seniors comp like Jaeger did and it was a pretty tough game up there.

I thought at the time, we'll never get a look at him.

Not what he was but can certainly play. If he can get on the park regularly in full fitnesss he may well surprise and would be very handy come finals time. Him and Fyfe, Andy & Caleb, Darcy & Jackson. Hello clearances.
Used to live up there as a grad. There was a senior GNFL grand final they used to talk about in 2010 where 16yo Jaeger and 15yo Jack Martin went head-to-head off a wing and completely dominated. Jaeger won the BOG medal, Martin not far behind in second. Both playing against men as high schoolers, in a really serious league. Glad he's back in WA, and in purple. It's nice to see.

Just quietly in his past 5 seasons O'Meara has played 21, 18, 12, 21 and 21 games respectively. That 12 game stretch comes from 2020 where he only missed 5 games rather than 9/10

His knee is obviously worth worrying about but it's not like he's barely played in recent years

Just quietly in his past 5 seasons O'Meara has played 21, 18, 12, 21 and 21 games respectively. That 12 game stretch comes from 2020 where he only missed 5 games rather than 9/10

His knee is obviously worth worrying about but it's not like he's barely played in recent years

He's pretty durable these days. Does need the odd week off here and there to minimise swelling and can't go at 100% intensity all the time but picks his moments well.

He will play some really good games and some really average ones which you can carry in a really good midfield like yours. Not so much in a developing one like ours.

Good get.

This was taken 12 months can you imagine if someone asked the question too both they would be team mates in 13 months time what would the response be.

Would have been laughed at I reckon.

Attachments

• 1665566770247.png
    1665566770247.png
    318.6 KB · Views: 313
I like this pick up, but wonder how he will be used.

Wing?

Played a mixture of on the ball, wing and high half forward for us this year. Not going to win any 100m sprints but he has a good first step and power to drive through traffic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to be excited about him when it feels like we caved on Lobb and Meek just so we could get him to the club.
sassy michael GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Freo has been my second favourite club for a long time and this has just consolidated that.
When Smith left Hawthorn, JOM quickly became my favourite player for us so I'm pretty gutted he's gone
I get the feeling he's going to be a wonderful get for you and I hope he's the kind of player who can help you to a flag.

Go well, Jaeger- hopefully media snots can learn to say your first name properly at your third club!

Will probably always be defined by his talent as a kid, but I reckon he'll be a good fit at the Dockers. Was never truly good enough to be one of the mids to carry a team, but you do start to appreciate what he gives you all around the ground if you pay close attention.

Just don't expect an absolute jet or when he does get a big break, for his kicks to be super classy just because he tore it up as a kid, he's more of a professional, quietly solid contributer that seemingly goes missing when you need a star to step up, but in reality all his best work is more the unheralded contested stuff. Probably been a scapegoat from me once or twice as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back