List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say it, the media might be somewhat right. Thought that we'd prove today that we can play without harley and barrass but we were clearly missing something in the midfield and when the ball repeatedly entered their f50 barrass' presence was sorely missed.

We were also missing his energy, the way he goes around the field giving it to the oppo and the energy he brings around the boys.
Yes we missed his energy, but I think you are discounting the effect Witts had on the game. Witts won that midfield battle almost on his own, Reid cant stop that

I hate to say it, the media might be somewhat right. Thought that we'd prove today that we can play without harley and barrass but we were clearly missing something in the midfield and when the ball repeatedly entered their f50 barrass' presence was sorely missed.

We were also missing his energy, the way he goes around the field giving it to the oppo and the energy he brings around the boys.
Eagles worse without one of their best mids isn't a revelation.

The noise around him is just media doing what they love: a cursory, surface level amount of research.

Love Harley, he looks a jet, but the Suns have had a 40 and a 50 point win at home prior to that, are unbeaten at the venue and have an engine room of top tier picks. We'll be fine.

Good litmus test for which media members to pay attention to are the ones who point out that it was Witts, not their mids or the lack of Harley, that dictated the game today.

I think Yeo showed that he's the driving force, Reid is complimentary.

The problem was nobody else stood up. The loss wasn't because we didn't have Reid, we just lost to the better team realistically.

Didn't generate enough shots on goal to win.

Harley is definitely a big part of what we do, especially since putting him more in the mid field.

Even with Harley we are a poor score from turnover team.

Take Harley or Yeo out of our team and we also lose our ability to score from stoppage.

Today shows that our midfield is extremely thin.

In spite of that, I liked the fight we showed, and thought we did ok.

Harley is definitely a big part of what we do, especially since putting him more in the mid field.

Even with Harley we are a poor score from turnover team.

Take Harley or Yeo out of our team and we also lose our ability to score from stoppage.

Today shows that our midfield is extremely thin.

In spite of that, I liked the fight we showed, and thought we did ok.
We desperately needed him yesterday, which is bit worrying to think we are depending so much on a first year player.
No wonder Reid needed a break from carrying the team on his shoulders.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We desperately needed him yesterday, which is bit worrying to think we are depending so much on a first year player.
No wonder Reid needed a break from carrying the team on his shoulders.
That it where our midfield is at in term of quality midfielders, Last year was just Kelly

This Year, particularly in the previous couple of games it is Kelly, Yeo and Reid. To be a top team need a couple more.

Only the greatest Eagle?

Already up there with Ablett Jr and Leigh Matthews.

Harley Reid > Tim Watson > Sam Mitchell > Drew Petrie > Chris Judd

In terms of greatest Eagles player :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back