List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

haha love this- guessing a fairly big gathering will occur. Was he pissed about not playing or did he understand?

He isn’t going to watch Tongala play while his back so I dare say it’ll just be mostly spent at home with family.

Which aligns with him saying how crazy / full on it is for him (off field).

He said he knows its all positive and he new it was going to be like this but not to the extent it has been.

His loving it over there and without a doubt he always mentions how good the club has been with supporting him.

He just turned 19. He’ll work out overtime how to deal / adapt to all the attention he is getting over there. He will get use to it. Well he has to because it’s not gonna stop in a hurry lol. Regardless what team he played for (once again off field).

Once he realises the west Australian is pure trash and only in coffee shops he’ll be fine.

Back page on twitter is about the best they get from under 55s
I wonder if his parents get free West Australian newspaper. Right now it's a Harley Reid fan club newspaper. For all the hate it gets by us supporters its really a fan club newspaper that hasn't really ripped into him yet. It's only ever been nice

So sending his parents regular copies to keep up to date with the fan club might be cool.

He isn’t going to watch Tongala play while his back so I dare say it’ll just be mostly spent at home with family.

Which aligns with him saying how crazy / full on it is for him (off field).

He said he knows its all positive and he new it was going to be like this but not to the extent it has been.

His loving it over there and without a doubt he always mentions how good the club has been with supporting him.

He just turned 19. He’ll work out overtime how to deal / adapt to all the attention he is getting over there. He will get use to it. Well he has to because it’s not gonna stop in a hurry lol. Regardless what team he played for (once again off field).

In one or two of the interviews he did following his RS nomination he made comment along the lines of not being able to go anywhere without being noticed. That it was hard not to go somewhere and just be left alone

I hope it settles down for him because it’s something Naitanui had to manage and found all the attention difficult at times. Harley might be able to blend in to a crowd a little easier since he’s not a 200cm Fijian though

A bit of peace and quiet back home would be a welcome respite

In one or two of the interviews he did following his RS nomination he made comment along the lines of not being able to go anywhere without being noticed. That it was hard not to go somewhere and just be left alone

I hope it settles down for him because it’s something Naitanui had to manage and found all the attention difficult at times. Harley might be able to blend in to a crowd a little easier since he’s not a 200cm Fijian though

My just turned 6yo who couldn't pick a player out of the pack and only knew NN because of his books was watching the derby replay today just to spot "Harley Reid". He's rekt.

After this week one thing stood out to me... the Vic media are as enthralled with Harley as the WA media. The AFL media were in The West territory of fandom, renaming their twitter profile etc as the Harley Reid fan club for a day two?

I hope they leave him alone but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them make their way to Tongala this weekend.

Probably didn't help that he plastered all over instagram where he does his shopping tbf

You guys must be over the moon with how he's gone so far. Did you expect him to have such an influence so soon?

Yeah the town is pumping -My news feed is pretty much just photos of his mug with everyone sharing content thats about him.

It has been somewhat a weird feeling seen it all unfold as his still just Harley to me, so can only imagine the whirlwind it’s been for him!

tbh I didn’t think he would have such an influence this early. He’s always been able to see what’s about to unfold before it happens. And I didn’t think he would be able to shrug tackles as easy like he has always done. His so strong through the core which you can see when they tackle him (try to tackle him). So yeah I wasn’t expecting him to still be able to do that at AFL consistently.

Classic little brother syndrome. Easiest sports comparison would be us being the Los Angeles Lakers and the Dockers being the Clippers. Will never measure up.
The main difference between West Coast and Freo is this;

West Coast define success as winning premierships.

Fremantle define success as being better than West Coast.

We are their benchmark.

Ried will trudge through the front door, the weight of the world poised to bear down on his shoulders. The club's offer, a "lottery jackpot" contract extension, will lie on the kitchen counter.

I'm looking forward to seeing him along side Longe, Ginby, Marick, Hewitt and Chessar in the years ahead. I don't think another draftee has come into the AFL and had this type of hype, as much as it looks on the outside that he is handling it well, he's still only 19.
Well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty confident he'll spend the whole trip in the gym...

Nasim Pedrad Television GIF by Saturday Night Live
Was that…Caro?

Fully support the club doing best practice resting Harley this week*
Suspect the real reason for the trip home is so his comfort pony cum man servant, The Milkman, can get
cooking lessons off his Mum.
*gonna sting a little when Rowell beats him by a vote to win the Brownlow, though:cool:

So down the track when a player says to Simmo that they feel a little "flagged" and need a week off it will all be ok? Like having a sickie on Friday after ANZAC Day.

So down the track when a player says to Simmo that they feel a little "flagged" and need a week off it will all be ok? Like having a sickie on Friday after ANZAC Day.
Probably.

I'm sure if one of the players was desperate for a "mental health" day they'd be given time off.

Most work places are good these days

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Harley didn't request it. He said he was sore on Monday.

The club heard he was sore and proceeded from there.

There is no proof Haley said I'm sore give me a week off. He said I'm sore and that's it.

Now if anyone was sore and requested time off that's a separate valid process

Genuinely don’t understand why people are flipping out over the decision tbh. Clubs manage first year players usually. In harley’s case he’s been thrusted right into the guts and not only dominated but has played extremely physically as well. Rather manage him bow that him picking up a mid to long term injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back