Injury Waters Retires?

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS

SUCKS

DOGS

BALLS

I don't know who to say **** you to, but **** you somebody
Take it out on 'Ralphy' What an absolute tit.

eUCsyfH.png

Best memory of beau was 2007 final vs port at AMMI and beauy nailed salopek after he received a hospital hand ball ! Was the best shirt front I have seen live .
40000+ people could see it coming except salopek !
Good luck in retirement beau

As a Port fan I remember this hit well, was a pearler, one of the best hits you'll ever see.Anyway sad to see his career ended this way, as a opposition fan he was a Eagles player I always regarded highly and loved to watch.Condolences guys and good luck in season 2015.

my best memories of Beau:

- The big marks he took late in the last quarter of the 2006 GF. Running back with the flight of the ball.
- Standing up to Barry Hall at the 1/4 time break after Hall had decked Staker. No-one in the team had the balls except for Beau.
- Taking the massive hanger against Richmond at the MCG in the dying seconds of the game with less than a goal in it
- having a massive collision with O'Loughlin from Sydney and faceplanting into the ground. O"loughlin couldnt get up, while beau dragged himself to his feet clearly dazed but was able to run it off.

Gutted if true, has been a sensational player and leader at the club. Still can't believe he was the youngest player out there in '06, looked right at home and was one of our best players on the day.

Oh, and logically, does Beau retiring mean that Butler will play on forever and never miss another single match?

It's a shame injuries took such a hold. If he got on the park more he would've been regarded as genuinely the second best small defender of this era behind Corey Enright. Third best if you count Luke Hodge as a backman. Pretty good company to keep. Nick Malceski is another who would rue injuries a bit having three half seasons right in the prime of his career, but at least he should get to 200 games whilst up at the Gold Coast.

As it stands now it's all debatable, and Waters is a bit of "What could of been" player. Still walks away with a flag an an All Australian and a standing as one of the hardest men in the professional era so as supporters we can't ask much more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny in a twisted way. What was it, three years ago he went to the AFL captain's photoshoot in place of Darren Glass who'd had eye surgery (I think). The West's caption was something like "17 AFL captains and West Coast Captain-in-waiting Beau Waters", and it was, at that stage, just a matter of time. Then his body went to s**t. And again. And again. And again. Now we're here.

I have only shed a tear twice at the footy oval watching jako retirement tribute because of Jako s passion especially celebrating a goal and punching chicks groin , a tear I shed when I saw Peter Matera retirement tribute because he my favourite player eva , but tonight I will wail all night because because im already half cut ... feel ripped off we lost beau too early , genuinely a great player I rate as a graders like cousins and judd that we lost prematurely

my best memories of Beau:

- The big marks he took late in the last quarter of the 2006 GF. Running back with the flight of the ball.
- Standing up to Barry Hall at the 1/4 time break after Hall had decked Staker. No-one in the team had the balls except for Beau.
- Taking the massive hanger against Richmond at the MCG in the dying seconds of the game with less than a goal in it
- having a massive collision with O'Loughlin from Sydney and faceplanting into the ground. O"loughlin couldnt get up, while beau dragged himself to his feet clearly dazed but was able to run it off.

Taking out Buddy Franklin: "Get up Buddy!" :D

:( this news made a bad day even worse for me I just felt for him- he was so unlucky with injury! To his credit, he definitely made the time that he's missed on-field count off field. He has really given it a go and if this decision was based on medical advice/one set-back too many, it's totally understandable and reasonable We'll miss you Beau but thanks for the good times and all the best for life after football

We have a long list of premature end to career's.

Kemp, Evans, Waterman, Waters... many more I can't think of right at the moment.

And there will be many more premature ends to come.

That's life and the luck of the draw with injury and how the body reacts to punishment.

He left no stone unturned on the field. Here's hoping he can have a resemblance of a normal life after footy. Because let me tell you, at 40, 45, 50 and not being able to get out of bed or walk (potentially), I bet my left nut he'd trade the medallion in for quality of life.

3 cheers to a great player that gave his all.

:cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back