WAFL Tipping Competition 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We're back again for Season 2021 with the BigFooty WAFL tipping competition returning for another season. This year see us head into the "new normal" as things slowly begin to get on track with COVID-19. Season 2020 was an odd one with only half the amount of games and one less side than 2019 but it still provide to be an entertaining one nonetheless and culminated in what was one of the better Grand Finals in recent memory.

This season things go back to how they were in 2019, 10 teams, a full double round robin fixture with a top five finals series and 20 minute (plus time on) quarters. However, the new season does pose some interesting questions to be answered. Can South Fremantle win their first back-to-back flags since 1954? How will West Coast Eagles go coming back into the WAFL fold after a year out? Can Peel Thunder improve from their disastrous 2020 season with Fremantle's AFL players at their disposal? Can Perth qualify for finals and win their first final since 1997? Will Subiaco find a way back into finals after missing out last season? Certainly plenty of questions to be asnwered this season and I'm sure we will find out soon enough!

Last season saw a five way tie for the WAFL Tipping crown with gaskin, Magnum27, RickSanchez, Spanna_ and I all tying for the win on 29 points, thus breaking Chief's bank account with Plantinum sponsorships. Can one of those guys go back-to-back or will someone else take the out the WAFL Tipping Competition this season?

Once again, I can announce that BigFooty have got behind the BigFooty WAFL Tipping Competition for 2020 with this year's winner to receive a year's Platinum subscription to the BigFooty Supporters' Club. A big thank you once again to Chief and the team here at BigFooty for their continued support of the BigFooty WAFL Tipping competition and it is great to have them on board for another season. :thumbsu:

The rules for this competition are as follows,
  • Each correct tip will see you receive one point.
  • A bonus point will be awarded to the tipster who correctly guesses or is closest to the margin for the winning team in the margin game for that round. The margin game will be the televised fixture of that weekend. If there is no telecast fixture a game will be selected at random. Should there be two or more televised games, all games will be margin matches.
  • To receive a bonus point you must select the winning team, if no-one selects the winning side then no bonus point will be awarded.
  • Any tipsters who select the same winning margin or tie for the closest winning margin will receive one point each.
  • Tips must be placed before the commencement of the first game of the round.
  • Any tipster who misses a round will receive the lowest score of all tipsters for that round.
  • The tipping competition will run for the home and away rounds only. A separate competition for fun will be run for the finals.

The fixtures for each round will generally be posted on Tuesday nights to give everyone enough time to put their tips in for the upcoming round.

If you're interested in tipping for 2021, post your interest below. There's plenty of room for new tipsters or for those who have had a break from tipping in recent years so if you know someone who is interested from around the boards or your club's team board, share this thread and tell them to jump aboard and get amongst the WAFL this season. Hopefully we will have another great tipping competition and a fantastic season once more in 2021. :thumbsu:

Tags: DurtleAU, Freofalcon, Kram, samFFC, Monocle, Westozbb, Falconista, getgaff, hansie, masai, Miguel Sanchez, swannies, andana, Freezin, Hotdees, Milang_Panthers, Noobz0r, Keys, Carbine Chaos, greatwhiteshark, waflfootyfacts

Nice to be back into the swing of things for another season. Some normality returns to the WAFL for 2021 with 10 teams taking part while each club will play each other twice with quarters extended back to 20 minutes plus time on. A top five finals series is back after reverting to a top four last year thanks to the COVID-19 shortened season.

Round One Fixtures (Easter Round)

Peel Thunder vs East Fremantle at David Grays Arena (Friday, 4:10pm)
Subiaco vs East Perth at Leederville Oval (Friday 4:10pm, margin)
Perth vs West Coast Eagles at Mineral Resources Park (Saturday, 12:30pm)
South Fremantle vs West Perth at Fremantle Community Bank Oval (Saturday, 2:10pm)
Swan Districts vs Claremont at Steel Blue Oval (Saturday, 2:10pm)

Round One begins with a full compliment of games beginning on Friday with two twilight matches while the remaining matches are due to be played on Saturday afternoon, one of which is an early game.

Full write-up to be added tomorrow night.

Happy tipping!!

Happy to be apart of this again, hope I still remember to do my tips.
Never ended up getting that membership in the end haha but it's fun to be apart of this.

Thanks mate for the comp, although i won last year i have no idea what the platinum sponsorship was, and like rick sanchez not to fussed either, was just happy being part of the comp.

Hi guys, I'll speak with Chief and see what happened. Will report back when I know more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Ljp86 for once again organising the WAFL tipping. :thumbsu: 👏👏👏👏

And Easter greetings to all fellow tipsters, may you enjoy your time with those you love and cherish... and most of all may you all stay safe.

OK here we go:

Peel.
$ubiaco. 17 points.
Perth.
South Fremantle.
Claremont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back