Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

This and Spiderman make we want to upgrade my PS3!

Don't forget the new God of War. It's the ink game other than Spider-man I've bothered to Platinum ever... And they've both come in the save calendar year.

For those of you who have flirted with Europa Universalis IV (TheBrownDog SizeMatters from memory) Sean Sands over at Gamers With Jobs has started a EUIV Beginners Guide - solid advice in small chunks to help you get in to it.

For those of you who have flirted with Europa Universalis IV (TheBrownDog SizeMatters from memory) Sean Sands over at Gamers With Jobs has started a EUIV Beginners Guide - solid advice in small chunks to help you get in to it.

Been looking for something like this.

When I tried EUIV before, just assumed that my limited experience with Crusader Kings 2 would just allow me to naturally take to Europa Universalis as well without any problem.

NOPE.

Been looking for something like this.

When I tried EUIV before, just assumed that my limited experience with Crusader Kings 2 would just allow me to naturally take to Europa Universalis as well without any problem.

NOPE.
Episode 2 is a DLC Guide for new players.

This will be useful for me too. Ta DM.

Feeling really, REALLY nostalgic for the 1995 Monopoly game (doesn't help that I've also been looking up music from around the time that I was playing it). Really wish I still had the disk, I've found instructions for how to make it work on 64-bit Windows 10!

Oh well, the disk is cheap on eBay at the moment...when I get a new job I'll just buy a new one and revel in nostalgia (that's how I ended up with Theme Hospital...).

Started playing Wonderboy: The Dragons Trap on the Switch again. I love how it gives you the ability to grind to buy the super-good equipment early, even though it's not mandatory.

Guess what I spend 90% of my time doing in the early game lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the positive I finish at 3pm today, so a quick wander through town, a gelati, a last look for filler for my son's birthday presents and home on the express to download town.

When you want to be bored shitless by pointless busywork.

Mostly I play to find the bugs - the whole series has been the same but for some reason I keep expecting one to be good like AC II was.

The latest one I found was when I was walking down a mountain and suddenly started swimming along a path. Then I ended up in this 3D model world where I was doing breaststroke around a whole bunch of boxes and spheres and couldn't escape.

I'm just going to sit here in the corner being the only one not playing RDR2.

Seeing as my insurance payout came in AND I finally have a job again, I bought Dragon Ball Fighter Z and the latest Kirby game. Both are a good time, but the cutscenes in the DBZ game are SO long and SO boring!!!!!!!!

On RDR2 - I'm finding the controls really laggy and inaccurate ... especially the walking/moving (not on horseback).

The actual game mechanics are largely a chore. Canned animations for looting that can't be interrupted are especially annoying. It's not alone, driving and shooting have always felt like crap in GTA as well, and all the minigames would be completely terrible if they were standalone. I play through the story sections and stranger side quests in Rockstar games but I don't do any of the additional activities.

The actual game mechanics are largely a chore. Canned animations for looting that can't be interrupted are especially annoying. It's not alone, driving and shooting have always felt like crap in GTA as well, and all the minigames would be completely terrible if they were standalone. I play through the story sections and stranger side quests in Rockstar games but I don't do any of the additional activities.

I'm finding RDR2 particularly cumbersome ... it slows the game down terribly.

I'm also not enjoying the assumption that I can do everything because I once played an RDR game like 10 years ago ... took a guy's horse to chase another guy, wanted to try to give his horse back but the original owner wasn't marked anywhere on my map ... so he shot me a bunch of times ... I shot him once and got a bounty.

It's not been particularly enjoyable so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back