Sandringham 5.4 7.8 11.16 15.19 (109)
Bendigo Gold 2.3 4.8 5.10 5.14 (44)

Goals: Lee 4 Dennis-Lane 3 White 3 Weickhardt Bruce Schneider Ray Cook
Best: Roberton Hickey Weickhardt Dennis-Lane Lee Shakallis

Sandringham 5.4 7.8 11.16 15.19 (109)
Bendigo Gold 2.3 4.8 5.10 5.14 (44)

Goals: Lee 4 Dennis-Lane 3 White 3 Weickhardt Bruce Schneider Ray Cook
Best: Roberton Hickey Weickhardt Dennis-Lane Lee Shakallis
Great to see Roberton back playing well. If BOG he must have been moving okay. He and Hickey would be great additions for the saints

Last edited:
Fairly hard game given conditions.

Against inferior opposition
Both ruckmen dominant against a small opponent... Hickey moved well. Holmes did one tap which led to a centre clearance... Probably the best bit of ruck/roving I've seen for a long time

Curran and Saunders revelled in the rubbish conditions as it suited their ground level style. Both very tough players.

Bruce, very impressive tall

Siposs was dominant across HB until a possibly broken arm. Roberton also pretty good.

Schnieder and Ray

Forward line of Dunnell, TDL, Lee, White was very dangerous considering the weather... Bruce also dangerous when pushed forward.

I think Curran, Siposs, Saunders, Schnieder... Should be pushing for Seniors
Simpkin, Milera, Jones... Not

But Sippo is gone for a bit I reckon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longer would need to play a bad game for Hickey to get in.

Billy rucked against Ivan Maric in an AFL standard game and had better numbers than Hickey who rucked against a 6'5" opponent and terrible VFL team

That being said, he can only beat who he plays against... And he was very effective. Holmes dominated clearances also.

Siposs stood out for me

Longer would need to play a bad game for Hickey to get in.

Billy rucked against Ivan Maric in an AFL standard game and had better numbers than Hickey who rucked against a 6'5" opponent and terrible VFL team

That being said, he can only beat who he plays against... And he was very effective. Holmes dominated clearances also.

Siposs stood out for me

We wouldn't be the first side in the AFL to play two ruckmen in the same side...

We get down to one key forward every time Stanley has to go in the ruck. I think we need to bring in Hickey or bring in Lee so it doesn't affect our structure too much when Stanley rucks

Somebody should've said that to the Richmond cheer squad. They thought they won the flag on Sat.

hahaha yes - they are terrible supporters (all clubs have them but Collingwood and Richmond are the two worst - uber feral.......yes Essendon and Carlton are also bad but they are just plain arrogant which IMO is different)

Few sides play two ruckmen (only)

Most have a clear #1... And another tall who plays fwd/ruck.

Having a Ruckman on the pine at all times limits rotations.

Hickeys movement around the ground was great today for a 6'7" but he lacks aerial presence, even in the conditions... So he is ineffective fwd.

WC have two ruckmen... 1 is a freak athlete, the other a freak footballer.
Can't think of many others

I reckon Siposs copped a major injury

Couldn't hold the weight of his arm.
Either a broken wrist/Forearm or a shoulder?

3-8 weeks i reckon

Any word on what whites injury was?

Looks like he rolled an ankle...he was hobbling around in the rooms after the game but appeared pretty happy so maybe not as bad as it looked...Siposs had his arm in a sling..not sure how long either player will be out..if they're out at all...Spencer got 3 goals and Siposs looked pretty handy down back..

I reckon Siposs copped a major injury

Couldn't hold the weight of his arm.
Either a broken wrist/Forearm or a shoulder?

3-8 weeks i reckon
So do we call you Dr. Big Mart? Pretty impressive stuff giving us a recovery time before a diagnosis! ;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back