VFL VFL Round 1 - Sandringham v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lee's in the back line then I think it's safe to assume we won't be seeing him next week.
I honestly have no idea why they're persisting with him there. He played back in the WAFL, was flicked forward where he dominated for the rest of the year and was drafted on that basis.
If someone can tell me why he's now playing back again that makes any sense I'm here all day.

He had a giggle
Spence selling candy and a ripper pass

Regardless of when but I think we have to give Spence another go in the side this year. We don't have players with that X factor and he could be a POD with Bruce and Membrey, (assuming Roo out injured)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Mitch Brown is #30

He should be playing AFL

Easily better than White, Lee, Siposs or othe fwds we have trialled.

Moves well, monster contested mark

Number 30 would be Billy Longer according to Sandringham's player profiles...

You might mean Mitch Brown; he's kicked 3 to half time.

Can we just commit to him now please?!

Brown has always dominated at VFL then struggled when Geelong called him up to the AFL side.

Brown has always dominated at VFL then struggled when Geelong called him up to the AFL side.
TBF, he always had genuine shoulder problems, particularly after the problem with the screw that they've only just now fixed. He'd be a very useful acquisition.

I reckon Carlscum would LOVE him right now.

Tom Hickey

Better perform a bit better second half

Taken aside by AR about body work
He just isn't strong enough in the contest.

He kicked a goal from an Ess bloke running too far. Otherwise getting flogged by #27 for Essendon. As are the other two ruckmen.

Why they select 3 ruckmen along with White, Lee, Brown, Payne is beyond me... Ridiculous!

5 interchange
Causing over rotation
Players getting pissed off, coming off when not even tired and can't get rythm in the game
At one stage CJ, Brown, Saunders, TDL and Simpkin on the bench... They scored two goals...

White playing well
Minchington really well
Acres ok
McK good
Simpkin Good

If Mitch Brown is #30

He should be playing AFL

Easily better than White, Lee, Siposs or othe fwds we have trialled.

Moves well, monster contested mark
Yes he is #30 and yes he is probably Sandys best player two weeks in a row.

Three points down at half time but should be a few up if not for some wayward shots on goal.

Noticed Bains and Cox on their phones during the break, probably just writing on big footy like me!

Minch having a wonderful game, Webster doing all of the right things but not starring - probably just trying to get some form. Lee is having a very good game down back.

Spence doing his typical now you see me now you don't routine.

I'd like to see more from the mids, its pretty scrappy but conditions better now. DMac, Acres, Eli, Saunders doing just ok, noone really standing out like last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back