VFL Predictions 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

What are our thoughts this year everyone?

I think straight out, Bendigo will finish bottom again. Unfortunately I just can't see them being in this thing for much longer with the way that they're going. Apart from that, I do like Box Hill as a smokey to take the premiership.

I think Richmond will surprise us this year. They might be fielding some great sides for plenty of games.

I think straight out, Bendigo will finish bottom again. Unfortunately I just can't see them being in this thing for much longer with the way that they're going. Apart from that, I do like Box Hill as a smokey to take the premiership.

I think Richmond will surprise us this year. They might be fielding some great sides for plenty of games.

Watch out for Frankston this year. I mentioned this last year but they have again kept the 'core' of there side that have played for 5 years together now.

With the additions of Shannon Taylor (AIS kid), James Hammond, Brady Egan (Stingrays), Ben Cavarra (Eastern Ranges Morrish Medalist), Josh Tynan (Melbourne) as additions to there already developing list.

Would love to see Essendon make some waves this year, with the re appointment of Ben Duscher, Tipungwuti and the additions of Alex Hickey, Aaron Heppel and Josh Mellington to the VFL list. Would love to see an injury free year for Essendon that would allow our VFL side a good strong run at it, but unfortunately, it is Essendon and we never have that much luck.

I think Footscray will be scraping into the bottom 4 along with Coburg, Bendigo and Sandringham.

Geelong will taper off, Port will rise again and Richmond and Frankston will sneak into the 8.

How will Richmond go from second last to finals by changing their name and playing at punt rd?
Must be the old hacks and the superstars from divi 4 EFL that will compliment the rest of them.
They were terrible last year. They will be terrible this year, along with the dogs. Both bottom six for sure.

How will Richmond go from second last to finals by changing their name and playing at punt rd?
Must be the old hacks and the superstars from divi 4 EFL that will compliment the rest of them.
They were terrible last year. They will be terrible this year, along with the dogs. Both bottom six for sure.
Richmond is not Coburg, and Coburg is not Richmond. The alignment between the two teams ended, and they will field separate teams (as Coburg did in the VFA/L from 1925-2000). It is worrying that people either don't know or choose not to understand that there was a competition prior to the almighty AFL taking over.

The reason Richmond will go well is based on the standard of players they have available, which is excellent.

Bendigo are fine.

How do you know how Bendigo are going? Jones has signed until the end of 2015. The list is much deeper in talent, and the top half much higher skilled than 2013. It's seen as a great pathway for guys from QLD and WA, as well as locals, so it'll work out fine.

How do you know how Bendigo are going? Jones has signed until the end of 2015. The list is much deeper in talent, and the top half much higher skilled than 2013. It's seen as a great pathway for guys from QLD and WA, as well as locals, so it'll work out fine.
Is it? I've never heard Bendigo is the preferred place for WA & QLD youngsters to go, they have their own state competitions with teams immeasurably stronger than the Bendigo Gold.

The Gold are 10 shades of screwed, and always will be unless they get the sort of support from their local league that North Ballarat enjoys. Sadly, they are viewed as a particularly bad joke down that way, hence the high likelihood of yet another winless season, and probable eventual expulsion from the VFL.

Riccardo, North Ballarat were their own club before they started up in the VFL. They have bugger all support, and 95% of Ballarat don't support them.

Bendigo have picked up a few players from the NEAFL and WAFL this season.

Don't let facts stand in your way though mate.

Riccardo, North Ballarat were their own club before they started up in the VFL. They have bugger all support, and 95% of Ballarat don't support them.

Bendigo have picked up a few players from the NEAFL and WAFL this season.

Don't let facts stand in your way though mate.

Picking up a player or two from the WAFL doesn't exactly make them the preferred destination for every kid from that state, does it?

There was no comment on the origins of the Roosters, the comment was they have league (not community, though I think you are wrong there, too) support, and Bendigo do not.

I have read of Bendigos troubles all through the off season, I have the facts, and the facts are they are completely and totally stuffed.

How will Coburg go this year?
Badly, most likely. They were pretty awful with Richmonds help (finished second last in 2013), and now they have to stand alone, which is hard even for the stronger sides.

Will be fighting it out with Bendigo for the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up a player or two from the WAFL doesn't exactly make them the preferred destination for every kid from that state, does it?

There was no comment on the origins of the Roosters, the comment was they have league (not community, though I think you are wrong there, too) support, and Bendigo do not.

I have read of Bendigos troubles all through the off season, I have the facts, and the facts are they are completely and totally stuffed.

You've probably read a lot of stuff about the club that is total crap.

The Gold don't need Bendigo Football League support, we play in the Victorian Football League. We have council support. That's what matters.

The amount of work the club has put in will start to pay off this year. It'll be tough no doubt, but as I've said elsewhere, GWS won 1 game in their 2nd season, with millions of handouts.

As for the QLD and WA comment, I never said it was the 'preferred pathway', but just a pathway, and we have quite a few from QLD and WA at the club in 2014.

As per before, don't let facts stand in your way mate.

The reason Richmond will go well is based on the standard of players they have available, which is excellent.

Super standard Ricardo after all it was only 20 goals.
You are a great judge.
Congratulations.

Hahaha you know your vfl don't you ??
To be fair, it's round 1. To also be fair, 95% of people tipped Footscray for the bottom 4 (given your user name, I assume that's what you are referring to).

Wait until you've played a few more games before carrying on.

You are a great judge.
Congratulations.
You spelled my name wrong.

As mentioned, it's round 1, plenty more games yet to go.

For someone who thought Richmond just changed their name from Coburg (who have been in our league since 1925) you shouldn't be having a go at others knowledge.

You are a great judge.
Congratulations.

How can you say that??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back