2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win from Frankston in Sydneys West after last week.
Not pretty, but a huge morale boost. Well done to them
Didn't see much of the game since we were at Pearcedale for the women's matches, but I'm rapt to have a win on the road. Ugly at times apparently but they found a way. Pretty sure that's our first interstate win since the northern clubs joined the VFL.

Both our women's sides won as well making it three wins in one day.

Are the Borough bandwagon back up and about after the win last night?

Are finals a chance again after two not so convincing consecutive wins over the two battling stand alones?

Always a chance we are just a game out from finals however i feel that we didnt capitalise enough on our early favourable draw to put us in a strong finals position. We probably wanted to be 5 from 7.

It does feel that the side is starting to work alot better together with more cohesiveness and the break is very timely before playing Footscray. If we can win at least 4 of the next 6 i think that we will go on to play finals. Unfortunately i cant see that happening, we are good and on the improve but i think even the most optimistic Port fans wouldn't be betting on finals, having said that - this is Port Melbourne were talking about... never say never.

Always a chance we are just a game out from finals however i feel that we didnt capitalise enough on our early favourable draw to put us in a strong finals position. We probably wanted to be 5 from 7.

It does feel that the side is starting to work alot better together with more cohesiveness and the break is very timely before playing Footscray. If we can win at least 4 of the next 6 i think that we will go on to play finals. Unfortunately i cant see that happening, we are good and on the improve but i think even the most optimistic Port fans wouldn't be betting on finals, having said that - this is Port Melbourne were talking about... never say never.
Demons, Blues and Suns losses hurt. Port were the better team for most of the day in all 3 but let lapses kill them, especially the end of those. Coming up
  • Footscray will be very tough but the bye will really help
  • Williamstown game will be massive.. are they are struggling against a 1-4 Bombers atm but are a strong side
  • GWS are beatable clearly
  • Richmond, Geelong and Box Hill will also be tough

Demons, Blues and Suns losses hurt. Port were the better team for most of the day in all 3 but let lapses kill them, especially the end of those. Coming up
  • Footscray will be very tough but the bye will really help
  • Williamstown game will be massive.. are they are struggling against a 1-4 Bombers atm but are a strong side
  • GWS are beatable clearly
  • Richmond, Geelong and Box Hill will also be tough

If we beat Footscray we will play finals but for that to happen each one of our players will need to be switched on and at their best. Has to be no tourists wearing the Port jumper that day.

Saw the last quarter of Williamstown and boy they are good and very dangerous in attack.

lol Collingwood were up by 23 points at 3 quarter time and still lost to the Bullants..... after losing to Coburg a few weeks back.

Please revoke their VFL licence
Agreed, Collingwood should go

I smashed out 2 games today. Last QTR at Arden St was a cracker, then I drove to Preston and watched the 2nd half, unbelievable comeback from the Bullants. They kicked the last 5 goals and completely bossed Collingwood in the last 20 mins.

Attachments

• IMG20240511131400.jpg
    IMG20240511131400.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG20240511152157.jpg
    IMG20240511152157.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back