Roast Vent thread Carlton v Bulldogs Round 16 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

selection and gameday stuff has been cutesy for a few weeks before this. mclean, austin coming in and playing a single game before out again. russell sub (as well as watching him play up more in the midfield)... think i'd trust henderson more to kick a few goals rather than bower. i think we flirted with our form and it gave us the clap.

Forward line of Betts at CHF, Bower at FF and Thornton at FP will not win you games!

If Waite or Setanta aren't available for next week, a guy like Casboult could be a forced inclusion. Regardless of how raw he might be, we need a Big Man as the main target!. IF Walker takes the number 1 defender we won't win games

We are a joke, and some people talking us up are stupid, we are far from a top four side, and the thing is we will finish around 5 by default because the rest of the eight aren't much chop. Bulldogs and Saints will make the eight and they will account for us in the finals.

Lack on intensity from the start, the hardness that we are known for gone. The Dogs locked it in and won the in and under ball, Cross and Boyd were great getting it out to Griffin and Cooney we just couldn't match it.

Robbo tried hit heart out as he does, Murphy tried hard but I felt he didn't use it as well as he normally does.

The one thing i noticed was were were vey slow in th brain, we were slow to react, we were slow to foot, and just didn't control the tempo and we only swtiched once that I can remember, we simply didn't play our game style we accomodated to them.

We missed Carrots very much and that was clear.

Players that should not last the week are Hoops (too slow, doesn't add to our style), Russell (not hard enough, didn't put his body on the line in a couple of contests), Warnock (just lacks the desire), Joseph (no fault of his own, just lack of seniors this year, thought he was ok)

Who should replace them, Tuohy for Russell, Curow for Hoops, Carrots for Joseph

Hammer for Warnock when he is ready.

Lets not forget players missing from out best 22, Jammo, Hammer

Houlihan- got to go. Turned the ball over, did not put his body in and brings that soft brand of football we had in 2005/06 that we've been trying to get rid of all year. Doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the pace of AFL as it's played now. We look much better when he's not in the team. :thumbsdown:

We are a joke, and some people talking us up are stupid, we are far from a top four side, and the thing is we will finish around 5 by default because the rest of the eight aren't much chop. Bulldogs and Saints will make the eight and they will account for us in the finals.

I think you are being harsh but if that occurs then the club will make some big changes at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the sort of games you need to win if you are to be seriously considered as a contender. No point beating up on the likes of Richmond if the next week you're going to turn out a royal sh*t of a performance like Carlton did tonight. I remember at one point early in the 3rd it was mentioned that the Dogs had kicked 6 of their 8 goals to that point in time directly from attacks started at the half-back line. Something we need to address. Clearances are nothing if it's gonna keep coming back over our heads.

Can't afford this lack of intensity shown tonight next week or, needless to say really, the Pies will beat us by 60+.

The worst forward structure in the world. Did we win a one on one forward of centre in a marking contest all day? Or over the whole ground for that matter? The bulldogs outmarked us at every contest! We should have never even been in the game. The score line flattered us IMO.

Murphy the only player who played to their level; the rest were shite. Gibbs (possibly my favourite player) needs some man pills soon. Gets it and bombs it like a scared school girl.

I would give anything for Callan Ward. Tough as nails and never stops running...

The worst forward structure in the world. Did we win a one on one forward of centre in a marking contest all day?
GOALS
Carlton: Simpson 2, Murphy, Gibbs, Robinson, Betts, Joseph, Ellard
Enough said really. Not one tall on that list.

if we have no structure in the forwardline without Waite we are nothing, we were 25 points up as soon as he went off we didn't fire a shot...if he misses next week the pies will take us to the cleaners, you can dress it up as much as you like without Jamo at FB and Waite at FF we have no answers...

having guys like Houlihan who lacks intensity, Joseph who has a heart the size of phar lap but is shit, and Bower who is not AFL conditioned doesn't help but without the bookends you can forget about top 4 and winning a final...

Zach Thuohy, Curnow must come in for Hoops and AJ at the very least next week, but Ratts who loves AJ and Hoops will say that AJ did a fantastic job on GIA and will get another gig..piss weak...he could literally put the nail in his own coffin by continuing to select players that have proved year on year they are not up to it, i don't know how much more evidence he needs.. hoops will play his 200th next week and i'm struggling to think of a more embarrasing 200 game player for the club.. no disrespect to him, he has no presence whatsover, he is a nothing footballer who was flashy early but the game has caught up to him unfortunately, the club has been spineless throughout the majority of his career and he is part of the reason we have been so crap for so long, he loves shirking the issue and being flashy but when the heat is on he has never put his hand up..AJ well he is probabaly one of the worst players on our list, apart from tagging GAJ in a NAB Game has done nothing except panic and turn the ball over until list cloggers such as him are rid from the club we will continue to put in performances like tonight which aren't acceptable players of AJ's calibre are not part of top 4 sides it is simple as that....on a side note i'd like to congratulate Duigan and Laidler for coming to the club and providing us with some spine, i thought both were exceptional tonight, tough smart footballers they are the reason we have improved...by taking the spot of AJ and Hoops and as soon as we bring them in look what happens...its pretty evident no Waite and Jamo plus huys like Hoops and AJ and we are a bottom 6 side..

People should stop blaiming Jihad stadium. With out attitude and application today we would have lost anywhere, blaiming the stadium is a cop out

Disappointing Blues - tough comp AFL just 5-10% off and you will get done.

Some points
- A Joseph - although played ok. MUST go. Not up to it with ball. Tuohy has him covered.
- Russell - why was he sub? Is a leader which we missed in 1st half.
- Waite - why did he play if injuried?
- Bower - no good, makes poor decisions and poor disposal (off to GWS).

Wouldn't be too concerned supporters - more possessions and tackles indicates most important thing. DESIRE and INTENSITY.

Just need to get structure and run back. Bower & Joseph hurt us from the back, mark my words.

Next week we must look like this:
Yarran Thornton Russell
Laidler Henderson Duigan
Simpson Judd Carazzo
Robinson Kreuzer Walker
Betts ??? Garlett

R: Warnock, Murphy Gibbs

I:c Scotland, Curnow, Lucas
sub: Touhy

In: Carazzo, Curnow, Lucas
Out: Bower, Joseph, Houlihan

Obviously Waite is under cloud.
Tough decision, might need to be Watson or Casboult?

Or how about McCarthy?

Disappointing Blues - tough comp AFL just 5-10% off and you will get done.

Some points
- A Joseph - although played ok. MUST go. Not up to it with ball. Tuohy has him covered.
- Russell - why was he sub? Is a leader which we missed in 1st half.
- Waite - why did he play if injuried?
- Bower - no good, makes poor decisions and poor disposal (off to GWS).

Wouldn't be too concerned supporters - more possessions and tackles indicates most important thing. DESIRE and INTENSITY.

Just need to get structure and run back. Bower & Joseph hurt us from the back, mark my words.

Next week we must look like this:
Yarran Thornton Russell
Laidler Henderson Duigan
Simpson Judd Carazzo
Robinson Kreuzer Walker
Betts ??? Garlett

R: Warnock, Murphy Gibbs

I:c Scotland, Curnow, Lucas
sub: Touhy

In: Carazzo, Curnow, Lucas
Out: Bower, Joseph, Houlihan

Obviously Waite is under cloud.
Tough decision, might need to be Watson or Casboult?

Or how about McCarthy?

I see a lot of "WE" in your post's but i noticed your team is listed as "ADELAIDE" so.....

Are you lost?
Drunk?
Confused?

:confused::confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back