U18 2009 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

tips for this week anyone?
mine are altona to upset wez by 8 points
and willy to be the suprise packet and beat hoppers by 2 points

An upset is a big call... werribee have finished better than altona in all 3 meeting this year.

Coming from 3 goals down in the last quarter to draw the first game without 2 key players and a fill in coach.

In the second game beating them by 80 points.

And the third game playing with 17 men after the first quarter, 16 in the third quarter and coming back from an 8 goal deficit half way through the third to win by 3 points.

Even if both sides are evenly matched it is apparent that werribee has a little more perserverance than altona

us hoppers boys r keen for redemption after the dissapointing loss to altona. we had a team meeting nd inspected chirnside earlier tonite. very excited lads down at hogans road reserve :)

big matches this week
werribee V altona
hoppers V williamstown
aint tipping any winners dont know who to choose
old form goes out the door finals brings a new arena its anyones ball game
but must say was at the willi wyndham vale game and if willi want to beat hoppers they have to do alot of work....
didnt see the altona hoppers game but heard some outstanding things mainly form fogarty and mutton but once again sporting pulse says otherwise

Must admit i went to watch Willy vs Wynd last week as a favour for a friend who was interested in speaking to a big guy from willy (24) about playing next year. Got to say from what i saw, if i was the opposition coach this week, i would be trying to isolate my match up with him and run off him. He was particularly lazy and at one stage stood in a 30 meter area on altonas ground for nearly a third of one quater. Number 7 for willy on the other hand was best on ground by a mile. But a lot of work to do if willy are to get up.

Must admit i went to watch Willy vs Wynd last week as a favour for a friend who was interested in speaking to a big guy from willy (24) about playing next year. Got to say from what i saw, if i was the opposition coach this week, i would be trying to isolate my match up with him and run off him. He was particularly lazy and at one stage stood in a 30 meter area on altonas ground for nearly a third of one quater. Number 7 for willy on the other hand was best on ground by a mile. But a lot of work to do if willy are to get up.

Club7, what stage of the game are you refering to as I know he was told to play deep in the forward line when Willy were kicking into the breeze. Did you see anything of note apart from above, and are you able to say which club. Agree with you on reference to No.7, played a cracker and soaked up a few 50's in the last 1/4 which helped ice the cake.

An upset is a big call... werribee have finished better than altona in all 3 meeting this year.

Coming from 3 goals down in the last quarter to draw the first game without 2 key players and a fill in coach.

In the second game beating them by 80 points.

And the third game playing with 17 men after the first quarter, 16 in the third quarter and coming back from an 8 goal deficit half way through the third to win by 3 points.

Even if both sides are evenly matched it is apparent that werribee has a little more perserverance than altona

Last year Altona beat Werribee 4 times, and Werribee won the Grand final.
2 of the 3 games have been decided by less then a kick this year.
and in every game played Altona have been missing players, so that doesn't really add to werribee's win!
It will all come down to who wants to win it more, as both teams have showed when they play their best footy it is a ripper of a match!

and in every game played Altona have been missing players, so that doesn't really add to werribee's win!

werribees side wasnt at full strength for any of the clashes this year either, which does actually add to werribees win(s) due to that key players are to come back only improving the chances of winning.

Club7, what stage of the game are you refering to as I know he was told to play deep in the forward line when Willy were kicking into the breeze. Did you see anything of note apart from above, and are you able to say which club. Agree with you on reference to No.7, played a cracker and soaked up a few 50's in the last 1/4 which helped ice the cake.

Obviously can't say the club mate. Was actually refering to when willy were kicking with the breeze (3rd). Was a little bemused by the coaches plan for him to start deep against the breeze. Would have thought it be far more beneficial to play a short quick player to run the ball. As you were obviously there, i think you will agree all it needed was Wynd to gain possession deep in backline and run the ball down the outer side. Anyway i suppose thats why i'm not coach. Good luck this week anyway bud.

Obviously can't say the club mate. Was actually refering to when willy were kicking with the breeze (3rd). Was a little bemused by the coaches plan for him to start deep against the breeze. Would have thought it be far more beneficial to play a short quick player to run the ball. As you were obviously there, i think you will agree all it needed was Wynd to gain possession deep in backline and run the ball down the outer side. Anyway i suppose thats why i'm not coach. Good luck this week anyway bud.

Didn't expect you to name club, can't help but ask. In the 2nd when he moved into ruck after player when off injured he worked well accross half back - more or less as an additional defender starting a few forward pushes up the defense wing (club room side). Expected the same in the last but he was kept deep.

Anyhow this week another ball game, another ground and a stronger opponent. Will be a good test for Willy. Cheers.

werribees side wasnt at full strength for any of the clashes this year either, which does actually add to werribees win(s) due to that key players are to come back only improving the chances of winning.

your overly confident in werribee, yes they have been the best team in the comp all year but that doesn't not nessicarily carry over into finals football!
Geelong 08...?
WRFL;
Altona 08....?
Colts 08....?
Vales 08....?
Anything can happen in September; Altona playing Werribee tomorrow isn't even a defining game, the losser plays the week after to make the grand final and then could very well win it!
Also Healy will be coming back into the Altona team after this week playing the last the game for the jets!

big matches this week
werribee V altona
hoppers V williamstown
aint tipping any winners dont know who to choose
old form goes out the door finals brings a new arena its anyones ball game
but must say was at the willi wyndham vale game and if willi want to beat hoppers they have to do alot of work....
didnt see the altona hoppers game but heard some outstanding things mainly form fogarty and mutton but once again sporting pulse says otherwise

Altona have many players flying underneath the radar this year, that have come to form of late! Which could be the difference come finals.
Saville, plays the wing gets a lot of the ball and his hard at.
Grundy, using his old umpiring background to get the free kicks and take overhead marks with a good kick on him!
Henwood, runs the lines and has a beautiful kick.
All played really well on the weekend, with Fogarty and Mutton!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree that werribee do not have it in the bag. of course they r gonna be favs but no way is this years premiership sewn up. i belive they will win tomoz but doesnt mean they will win the granny. altona and hoppers arent far behind wen they play there best footy!

what happened with today's game, who won? and who played well?
oh i already replied to this comment in the dreamteam thread lol.
if i must repeat myself i will.
hoppers won by 44 points and it was tight till the last quarter. willy put up a good fight so well done to them for a good match.

interesting watching altona get humiliated yesterday. i wonder if they can bounce back for a 5TH ENCOUNTER this year against hoppers!!!

Werribee will win for sure :thumbsu:

Glen Orden 18's BnF

1. Nick Tomelty #34

2.Beau Bostock #44

3.Trent Stemm #5

4.Troy Smith #28 (tied)

4.Chris Metcher #71 (tied)

G.O in '10"

finihed 1st at whynham

Both are shit clubs!
Vales seniors get smashed every week in division 2!!!!
Glenordenry seniors:confused: how they are still playin division one is beyond me!!
and at under 18 leve, glenorden were the worst team that belond in the b's and vales chocked like they did last year in the b's!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back