Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the VFL finals and this green screen just looks awful

View attachment 1792451
The potential immersion is destroyed for anyone who’s ever been to Williamstown’s ground as if you’ve been there you’d know there’s obviously not a studio in that spot. It at least could possibly work on someone who’d never been there though I suppose. My question though is whether the commentators are even actually at the ground as Saturday VFL games aren’t normally shown on Channel 7 and if they are at the ground I think they’d possibly be commentating from that grandstand near the pocket which is an awkward spot.

My question though is whether the commentators are even actually at the ground as Saturday VFL games aren’t normally shown on Channel 7 and if they are at the ground I think they’d possibly be commentating from that grandstand near the pocket which is an awkward spot.
Looking at the highlights, 7 had the same commentators calling Footscray vs Casey in Box Hill and Williamstown vs Collingwood in Williamstown, which were shown back to back, so they would've been in a studio.

Last edited:
Looking at the highlights, 7 had the same commentators calling the Footscray vs Casey in Box Hill and Williamstown vs Collingwood in Williamstown, which were shown back to back, so they would've been in a studio.
Ah there ya go, I only managed to catch some of the Willy vs Collingwood game so didn’t know the other was broadcast on 7 as well, that’d make sense though

The potential immersion is destroyed for anyone who’s ever been to Williamstown’s ground as if you’ve been there you’d know there’s obviously not a studio in that spot. It at least could possibly work on someone who’d never been there though I suppose. My question though is whether the commentators are even actually at the ground as Saturday VFL games aren’t normally shown on Channel 7 and if they are at the ground I think they’d possibly be commentating from that grandstand near the pocket which is an awkward spot.
This whole season, 7 has actually travelled to the grounds for VFL but I think the back to back games + AFLW their commentary team was stretched thin so they did the 2 Saturday’s in a studio. VFL & AFLW commentary teams are the same.

Nigel Carmody did 3 games (2 vfl + AFLW) on Saturday. Jason Bennett was in Brisbane for AFLW Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This new score graphics shows the time outs all the time while also showing the fouls which was sometimes missing from the previous one, especially during the final minutes

Making the treck back here to for the annual post to say that once again channel 7’s cricket graphics hasn’t changed, will be interesting what fox do with the current graphics being 2 years old now

Making the treck back here to for the annual post to say that once again channel 7’s cricket graphics hasn’t changed, will be interesting what fox do with the current graphics being 2 years old now
I'm interested to see if there's a network rebrand first. This season they used a lot of Fox Sports branding rather than Fox Footy. The network may initially change from its red colour scheme to blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back