TSL licenses 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what worries me going forward if existing clubs like Glenorchy are struggling in the TSL how are brand New Clubs going to survive unless they get heaps more Money from Argyle Street than the established clubs, and how can that be fair and equable when AFL Tasmania have a vested interest in the New Clubs with 50% ownership.

I have only talked to a few North Hobart members supporters and I would say it is far from being a done deal going forward into the new Hobart Demons TSL team.

Well isnt that the problem. having AFLTas involved.
AFLTas destroying the reserves structure & chucking many loyal players with friends & families out of clubs. Then telling everyone that they didnt care about crowds at the football! Gee that was smart!
AFLTas have been intimately involved in running Devonport & South Launceston & the Devils before that. Its a pretty impressive management record that they have, all 3 are dead or rooted for the experience.
I'm worried if they have 50% of the say at NHFC but do none of the work & take no responibility for the outcome.
I think I might go to the soccer with my mate:eek: . Hobart Chargers is a good night out, or just visit the Talbot Hotel more often:p

Jeff Kennett comes off the long run at AFL Tasmania, Calls it as he sees it Jeff might not always be on the Money (Kennett's Curse), but on this one I think he got it right.

Jeff Kennett calls for AFL Tasmania to be sacked and State Government to step in
Jeff Kennett launched an extraordinary attack on the State Government and AFL Tasmania yesterday, calling for the latter to be sacked and the Government to take over running football to ease the stress it caused by "destroying" the forest industry.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...nment-to-step-in/story-fnj4f7h7-1226712614455

Jeff Kennett comes off the long run at AFL Tasmania, Calls it as he sees it Jeff might not always be on the Money (Kennett's Curse), but on this one I think he got it right.

Jeff Kennett calls for AFL Tasmania to be sacked and State Government to step in
Jeff Kennett launched an extraordinary attack on the State Government and AFL Tasmania yesterday, calling for the latter to be sacked and the Government to take over running football to ease the stress it caused by "destroying" the forest industry.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...nment-to-step-in/story-fnj4f7h7-1226712614455

Good old Jeff, one rock, two birds:p
He is right about the destructive mess caused by AFLTas. They have an agenda of controlling all football. The problem is they have a disgraceful record of managing anything. The Big AFL must soon start to wonder about these guys. Are they about helping football & helping the community benefit from the sport. Or are they just about setting themselves up in a cozy safe nest.

Ok that makes sense but what I don't understand is why does a current TSL club have to make way why can't they just admit more clubs into the competition seems unfair just to boot clubs out that want to be there.

Ok that makes sense but what I don't understand is why does a current TSL club have to make way why can't they just admit more clubs into the competition seems unfair just to boot clubs out that want to be there.

Jeez, you dont know much about AFLTas then:rolleyes:. Fairnes & logic dont get a look in down here. Its all about AFL paid employees setting them selves up with a nice little empire which they can control. That is control where the clubs play & where the money goes. Also into whose pocket it gets put!!!!!

Jeez, you dont know much about AFLTas then:rolleyes:. Fairnes & logic dont get a look in down here. Its all about AFL paid employees setting them selves up with a nice little empire which they can control. That is control where the clubs play & where the money goes. Also into whose pocket it gets put!!!!!

Well I agree with you there I don't know much about AFLTas but it sure is seems to be a mess down there.

Well I agree with you there I don't know much about AFLTas but it sure is seems to be a mess down there.

Thats what you get with this AFL management, a bloody mess. Their record is simply abysmal. Multiple failures. How they get away with it is just about criminal.
If the real AFL gave any sort of care about the game down here they would dump these clowns & start again.
It will take that sort of root & branch carnage to regain the confidence of the public, media & politicians in the value of football to the community.
Its nobody's fault but the AFL itself.

Big Night for North Hobart Football club where the members vote on the TSL Hobart City Licence the current board backs the move. A Breakaway group headed by Darryn Perry and Paul Curtain will be pushing for a return to regional football.
However SFL president Kyron Johnson warned North Hobart might not be accepted. As the SFL are still working on Hobart’s application with a meeting held next week to Iron out a few Issues (Jumper and Logo being one Issue?)

Read James Bresneham online at The Mercury
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...n-members-favour/story-fnj4f7h7-1226717211697

Big Night for North Hobart Football club where the members vote on the TSL Hobart City Licence the current board backs the move. A Breakaway group headed by Darryn Perry and Paul Curtain will be pushing for a return to regional football.
However SFL president Kyron Johnson warned North Hobart might not be accepted. As the SFL are still working on Hobart’s application with a meeting held next week to Iron out a few Issues (Jumper any Logo being one Issue?)

Read James Bresneham online at The Mercury
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...n-members-favour/story-fnj4f7h7-1226717211697

AFLTas control the NTFL hence the decision to block Devonport from leaving the TSL. AFLTas also now control the SFL so NHFC members will have a problem trying to control the clubs destiny.
Its a conspiracy I tell you:eek:

AFLTas control the NTFL hence the decision to block Devonport from leaving the TSL. AFLTas also now control the SFL so NHFC members will have a problem trying to control the clubs destiny.
Its a conspiracy I tell you:eek:

Yes that is what I thought Madmug If you vote not to play TSL there no guarantee you will be allowed to Play SFL next year.
So you have only one real choice members. I am putting my Tin Foil Hat on now, smells like and taste like a conspiracy !

In Wade We Do not Trust :eek:

I think you will find that the idle threat by the SFL president about North Hobart perhaps not being accepted into the SFL is just that. I believe they will be accepted if they pull out of the new franchise it’s just a bluff tactic to try and force North’s hand, don’t worry Scott Wade and Kyron Johnson are tighter than many may believe. Has anyone heard of a situation in Tasmania in the last 20 years where a football club has been denied an entry into a league below them, especially a club which has so much to offer the SFL as North Hobart?

Yes it is not a good look for football. I could see what the dark side were doing when the AFLTas controlled NTFL blocked poor old Devonport from leaving the TSL.
I will be at work but can see the treats & bullying happening already. The SFL seem to be in the AFLTas pocket to. It looks like the NTFA are the only independent league left.
If the powers that be defy the members of a dully constituted club & block their decision, then I can see it being put up for mention before the 'Beak'
I wonder if the political legislators are watching all this. We'll soon see if they have the guts to do anything about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that AFLTas are looking at pulling out of the 50% license with Prospect. In the examiner, says they will give their 1/2 to Prospect juniors:confused:.
I guess it was just the AFLTas way of getting rid of the South Launy debt situation. If so then why dont they give the Devonport license to Spreyton or Wesley Vale footy clubs, unless they are in debt to.:p

There are too many half teams going around for me to keep up right now (as well as proposed mergers, teams going up and down, etc).

It is a mess. Clubs pushed & blocked into positions that don't suit them or their members. favoured teams getting money, others left to rot. Its ciminal. Its the AFL in full flight. They CGAFF about 'community'

North Hobart Members last night voted to go with the TSL’s new Hobart City licence. Only a small number of the estimated 100 members voted against the motion.

North Hobart Members last night voted to go with the TSL’s new Hobart City licence. Only a small number of the estimated 100 members voted against the motion.

So they gave away their club to Wadey, he will control everything. Glenorchy and North Launceston to go

So they gave away their club to Wadey, he will control everything. Glenorchy and North Launceston to go
That is what I fear already signs of a takeover at the Pies Board Level by pro State Wide League power brokers. Look if the SWL was profitable for the Clubs and all clubs were treated even I would support it, as long as it was ticked off by members, gee when only a 100 people are bothered to vote or that is all the members a Footy club like North Hobart have these days the future is bleak.

That is what I fear already signs of a takeover at the Pies Board Level by pro State Wide League power brokers. Look if the SWL was profitable for the Clubs and all clubs were treated even I would support it, as long as it was ticked off by members, gee when only a 100 people are bothered to vote or that is all the members a Footy club like North Hobart have these days the future is bleak.

I didnt detect any anti SWL sentiments at any club. Clearly they all want to play the best footy. Its whether or not they can afford to keep playing in it under the current circumstances seems to be the issue. The problem is the totally confused & confusing management of football. AFLTas control has done nothing for the security South Launy or Devonport, so what do they bring to anyone else?
The only logic I can see is AFLTas building its own little empire, ie looking after themselves & their well paid jobs.
Its a funny way to do it.
Bully, threaten, bribe, lie, are short term management techniques.

I doubt AFL Tas has any intention of holding any shares in licences moving forward. I did hear a while ago that they would look for someone else to take over their 50% of the Prospect licence. Apparently Longford expressed an interest but were rebuffed. Heard a rumuor only a few weeks ago that Sandy Bay Juniors had been offered the other 50% of the Hobart City licence. If North Hobart retain the colours, club song and demons name for the new licence then realistically we're all going to refer to them as the North Hobart Demons, irrespective of what AFL Tas likes.

I doubt AFL Tas has any intention of holding any shares in licences moving forward. I did hear a while ago that they would look for someone else to take over their 50% of the Prospect licence. Apparently Longford expressed an interest but were rebuffed. Heard a rumuor only a few weeks ago that Sandy Bay Juniors had been offered the other 50% of the Hobart City licence. If North Hobart retain the colours, club song and demons name for the new licence then realistically we're all going to refer to them as the North Hobart Demons, irrespective of what AFL Tas likes.

So why give a junior club a 1/2 say in a senior TSL club anyway. What have they done to deserve that. What do they bring to the table, apart from nice sandwiches & home made sausage rolls? They are probably good a cheering for their kids, what else? They would have no idea how to run a senior club.
Sounds like B. Sorrel is all over that one.

So why give a junior club a 1/2 say in a senior TSL club anyway. What have they done to deserve that. What do they bring to the table, apart from nice sandwiches & home made sausage rolls? They are probably good a cheering for their kids, what else? They would have no idea how to run a senior club.
Sounds like B. Sorrel is all over that one.

most of there players come from Hutchins school, not from the local Sandy Bay community

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...32764399640.296802.47779234639&type=1&theater

Very interesting advert by the Burnie Dockers Football Club. The funding model proposed by AFLT for the new licence will require more not less administration support so replacing a FT General Manager with volunteers will not do the club any good what so ever.

Pots of money are tied to the need to perform various programs. However, the programs are only half funded...e.g. We will give you $30k if you chip in $30k. While the clubs are reaching for the money they are actually going to be significantly worse off. In the example above, they will be moving $30k from, say, administration to a program that is not core business.

The belief from AFL Tas I suspect is that you now run a wonderful community program that you can get extra sponsorship dollars for; the reality may be very different. It is a very tight sponsorship market and they will more likely see pigs fly than find the equivalent money in sponsorship to that which they have to put in.

I expressed concern in a previous post here.

Despite being headed by three well respected ex-Presidents of TSL Clubs, a group making a public effort to dismantle the State League is not focused on the real issue at hand.

A State League in Tasmania is a good thing for football in the State.

But despite the potential that a State League has to benefit football in our State, many State League clubs are struggling. This is despite the fact that TSL clubs receive at a minimum $50,000 in funding from AFL Tasmania a year. Regional clubs could only dream of getting a $50,000 shot in the arm each year.

So why are they struggling?

A reminder to all self respecting Tassie footy fans - its time to have your say - our state Parliament is about to inquire into AFL Tas and report on:
1) - The funding provided to AFL Tasmania by the Tasmanian
Government and how that funding is expended to
develop and support community football in Tasmania
(including umpiring);
2) - The outcomes achieved in respect of the future and
structure of community football in Tasmania and those
who support and provide services to it as a result of that
funding; and
3) - Any other matters incidental thereto.

more details see advert:-
http://www.parliament.tas.gov.au/ctee/Joint/Media/LegCouncil_EA_21.pdf

Submissions close this Friday 18 october.
Here is your opportunity.......number 3) may be very interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back