Trade Week Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Wrap
4:23 PM Fri 10 October, 2008

Hamish McIntosh, Daniel Harris and Corey Jones will remain at the North Melbourne Football Club for season 2009.

Senior Coach Dean Laidley said that the club was happy that McIntosh, Harris and Jones will continue their careers at the club.

"We had no intention of parting with quality senior players unless we were offered something exceptional in return," Laidley said.

"We would not consider trading Hamish for anything less than a very, very high draft pick.

"He is a good player, and we think he can become a very good player, so we will continue to work with him and help him improve."

Laidley said that Harris had every chance to succeed at North Melbourne.

"I spoke to Daniel immediately after the trade deadline and reminded him that he has a wonderful opportunity to become the player we all think he can become," Laidley said.

"While there are bumps in the road in every relationship, we held the belief that he will be best served in trying to achieve personal and team success by continuing his career at North Melbourne.

"I will sit down with him when he returns from the break and we will start working towards that."

Laidley also said that while there was some interest in Corey Jones, nothing that was offered would warrant trading player of his ability.

"Corey is a quality player, but he was hampered by injury throughout the pre-season and that obviously affected his form. We look forward to him getting his body right over the summer and coming back better than ever next year," Laidley said.

"Now that the trade period is over we are looking forward to the draft, where we will continue our strategy of the past few years of drafting as many young players as possible. The results of that were clear during last season with our young guys taking some great steps forward.

"There is real excitement among the playing group and the coaching staff to keep developing these players into a successful team."

http://kangaroos.com.au/Season2008/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4912/Default.aspx

I for one am not disappointed at all with how things have turned out for us. We managed to keep our picks and the 3 players being tossed up H,jonesy and harro who r all quality blokes and absolutely vital to our sides success. There has been mix feelings towards dean in the last week but for him to take the initiative to giv harro a ring and tell him he is a required player is a big step in repairing their relationship good work north bring on 09!

Sounds like a few posters owe an apology to Dean and Donald, not that I expect it to occur :rolleyes:

I dont necessarily think people should apologise. I am a Laidley fan but i still think the club handled it badly. Some posters did go way over the top though. Rattling tins to raise money to get a coach sacked was probably the worst of it considering that if the poster did raise $300,000 they probably could have headed over to the RCH instead of Arden St.

Laidley will be rapt.

Noboday wanted to pay a price to pick up Harris, Jones or Hamish and therefore he will remind them of that all summer to inspire them.

Like I said before, Laidley is a Man Management Maestro.:thumbsu:

I dont necessarily think people should apologise. I am a Laidley fan but i still think the club handled it badly. Some posters did go way over the top though. Rattling tins to raise money to get a coach sacked was probably the worst of it considering that if the poster did raise $300,000 they probably could have headed over to the RCH instead of Arden St.

PBF103-Nice_Shirt.gif

i dont necessarily think people should apologise. I am a laidley fan but i still think the club handled it badly. Some posters did go way over the top though. Rattling tins to raise money to get a coach sacked was probably the worst of it considering that if the poster did raise $300,000 they probably could have headed over to the rch instead of arden st.
nmfc > rch

nmfc > rch

Despite the fact that we have Wundke on the list I believe the Royal Childrens Hospital would be more deserving of 300,000 dollars given the fact that they actually do cure cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back