Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

So, today we lost David Hale, picks 51 and 86 and picked up Ben McKinley pick 25ish and 71.

Win. :thumbsu:

Nixon told SEN that Gold Coast are very interested in our compensation pick and that its flexibility means such picks are 'gold'.

We'd be keen on keeping it obviously but I think we should see what Gold Coast have to offer before taking it off the table. Maybe include it with a player to upgrade to a higher pick?

Nixon told SEN that Gold Coast are very interested in our compensation pick and that its flexibility means such picks are 'gold'.

We'd be keen on keeping it obviously but I think we should see what Gold Coast have to offer before taking it off the table. Maybe include it with a player to upgrade to a higher pick?

I'd be interested in what they have to offer. All the signs point to us using it this year (trading 55, Bon saying we're looking forward to 3 quality kids in the draft). We should be able to get a deal done that helps us straight away and sets GC up in a couple of years time.

Cam and their pick 19 i think would do the job.

Cam and their pick 19 i think would do the job.

I'm pretty sure you're joking but even in 2012 our pick would only be worth #19 at best. We can certainly take advantage of GC's situation but they're not idiots.

Mate, in all honesty, the reason I was carded on this occasion was complete rubbish instituted on the main board.

If you saw the thread in question you would be as puzzled as I am as to why this banning has occurred.

There's been times in the past where I have had my backside kicked and I had it coming, but I am simply not at fault on this occasion mate.

Anyway, if the inevitable occurs and this entity gets booted you (or anyone else) can always drop by facebook for a chat.

Good work on maintaining a low profile. :thumbsu:

I'd also probably tend to steer clear of Mod/Admin bashing if you want hlmerkin to stick around. Just my opinion.

Sadly Brisbane nicked them but would have been interesting if 25 & 27 for Compo & 35 could have worked.

Gold Coast now don't have any picks that we would be able to trade for with the compo pick so can't see a deal there.

Unfortunately, Gold Coast have already traded all their 2nd rounders.

If Gold Coast listed Cam Richardson and packaged him with a second rounder (such as #27) for our compo pick ... that would've been ideal. He is keen to be drafted by us.

Their next highest pick is #44 which is too low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how these GC listings work but theoretically could they also list Isaac Smith then we trade our compensation pick + say #71 for both NB players?
I think it's been stated somewhere before that pre-listed players have to have nominated in previous years and that Isaac isn't in this category?!

On twitter, what to make of this . Maybe a swap of pick, don't know why but!
InsideTradeGuru Gold Coast desperately want to get the compensation picks back. Nth could do even better than they thought out of the Hale trade #tradeweek

Keep the pick and they can have it back for a gun player when we are ready to make our move into the upper echelons of the ladder.

On twitter, what to make of this . Maybe a swap of pick, don't know why but!
InsideTradeGuru Gold Coast desperately want to get the compensation picks back. Nth could do even better than they thought out of the Hale trade #tradeweek

this is making me excited the thought of a swap of Comp Pick for a top 15 pick is too good to be true..

I think it's been stated somewhere before that pre-listed players have to have nominated in previous years and that Isaac isn't in this category?!

Ah thanks for that Kimbo. I bet the AFL didn't see this type of exploitation coming when they gave the GC all their consessions and priviledges.

In conclusion (I think):

Started with picks 17, 35, 52, 69, 86

Out: Hale, pick 35, pick 52, pick 86
In: Cameron Richardson, Ben McKinley, Pick 26ish, Pick 71.

Picks: 17 - 26ish - 69 - 71.

In conclusion (I think):

Started with picks 17, 35, 52, 69, 86

Out: Hale, pick 35, pick 52, pick 86
In: Cameron Richardson, Ben McKinley, Pick 26ish, Pick 71.

Picks: 17 - 26ish - 69 - 71.
If you look at it like this
Hale for Mckinley
35 for 26ish
52 for C Richardson
86 For pick71

It could be just me but that looks like we've cleaned up. You win on one deal and lose a little on another to end up looking like that. Great work by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back