Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's Freo they still have too satisfy us.
True, but Baker is out of contract at seasons end, so it won't be the big deal many expect.
Yes it does as freo won’t finish bottom 4 so they need to deal
They do, but they have 3 R1 picks this year, they'll offer us one of them, most likely their 3rd IMO and we'll get the deal done minimum of fuss. If it's a R1 & R2 pick then I expect we're sending something else back
Wait haven’t we already got freo second
We do, but they have Ports 2nd.

Yeah Nah . He's my roster clerk.lol
Hasn't been with us long but the conversations I've had with him he appears too know people closer too the club .
I've heard too many of these before lol.

I kind of hope you're right though because if true that's a good deal for a departing Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be ample lists spots available for 2025 and we should look at targeting some value stock at other clubs. Be very keen to park an eye on Conor Stone from GWS. Cabn't get a game atm but I've watched him in the VFL and he potentially could be an excellent pick up. Very nice mover - plays mid/forward
Conor Stone & Wade Derksen both talented and we should be already in their managers ears
Both would be 3rd rounder type trades and great value with few years already on a AFL list
Derksen cant get a look in with Cadman , Hogan , Riccardi as KPF
Stone was a 1st round selection thats 189cm foward with strength and some mid ability was compared to a De Goey type pre draft

Both 22 years old so young enough and developed for 2025

Contracted makes a big difference, clubs aren't obliged to let a player go if they aren't getting a fair deal in return, if an uncontracted player really wants out and his current club won't do the deal they can simply walk to the draft and get to where they want to do. So it doesn't matter if Baker is a better player or not, circumstance dictates that we won't get the type of value some are hoping for.
I think i read these types of posts before and just recently like CCj trade to Norf

Clubs dont work that way specially when they are trying to get a club leader and a premiership player accross
Also the player and his manager wont burn the club that the player will have so many friends both on and off the field
Premiership players have life long ties to the clubs they win with

1st think the manager and player would demand from the new club would be can you and will you be prepared to get this deal done !

B Ellis compo was a 2nd rounder. Due to us winning the flag it happened to coincide with the end of the 2nd round.
I already conceded that.

I've heard too many of these before lol.

I kind of hope you're right though because if true that's a good deal for a departing Baker.
Well if he's wrong i'll be demanding compensation in the form of getting every day off the Tigers play.

I think i read these types of posts before and just recently like CCj trade to Norf

Clubs dont work that way specially when they are trying to get a club leader and a premiership player accross
Also the player and his manager wont burn the club that the player will have so many friends both on and off the field
Premiership players have life long ties to the clubs they win with

1st think the manager and player would demand from the new club would be can you and will you be prepared to get this deal done !
No doubt a deal will get done if Baker chooses to leave, I just don't believe the compensation will be as high as what a lot are expecting it to be. If he goes to Freo, I think we get their 3rd pick in the first round, if it's the Eagles, then I expect a couple of 2nds (1 this year and 1 next year) with us sending either a later pick this year or swapping 2nds with them in 2025.

There is no way that is overs. A second would be in the 30s and Freo have 3 first rounders (which they will use at least one for). We might even get two of the late first rounders.

Would you be happy if Richmond were to pay a late R1 & mid R2 pick for an above average 173cm utility?

For those wanting a look at the top draftees in action the AFL Academy kids play Footscray VFL from 11am today streaming on the AFL site.

Back