List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

With the main draft done, what do people want to see tomorrow?

I really think we need a fast running half back flanker and a developing tall defender if possible.

I do really like De La Rue though and think his skills would be handy.
De La Rue is the main one that comes to mind.
Wasn't interested in Sanchez in the main draft, but surely an early pick in the rookie draft.
Since we missed out of Collard and Moir, maybe he's a good chance for us.

4 or 5 clubs offered our F1 according to Caruso

Can't accuse the club of sitting on their hands

This club flaps it’s gums too much.

That’s why the deal didn’t go through, they broadcast our intentions far and wide to rustle up a better deal.

Good business I guess but you’d be mindful next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Archer pick is the one that I feel threw off the balance of our draft. I didn't really like any tall forwards at that point in the draft and I hope we haven't reached a little for a particular position.

Had we taken Simpson at 30, Johnston wouldn't have been a need and we could have gone ZZ there instead.

Reid/Simpson/Hall/ZZ just feels better to me than Reid/Reid/Hall/Johnston.

Obviously Archer is a 203cm beanpole and will be a slow burn so we won't know the outcome for years. And now he's here he has my full support. If you're reading this go well! Hopefully the Beagles improve and provide you with some actual service.
I think it signals the club is confident in its ability to trade for our next gen KPDs in the next few years.

I think they’re aware Fremantle will be throwing the bank at Logan McDonald next year and with naughton signed away we probably needed to draft a KPF at some point and with our top picks likely going towards a midfielder next year taking archer and then mids this year was seen as a better option than taking cooper Simpson and then finding a KPF.

We’ll see how that decision plays out, if that is the position they’re in I think they made a reasonable choice but I’m hoping in 3-5 years we can be the ones throwing the kitchen sink at Walter to fulfil his childhood dream as being the final piece in the WCE premiership puzzle.

Onto a year of development with a top pick and some afl assistance next year. I think the draft team have done a good job and this list is heading in the right direction. Over to the development team now.

St Kilda board having a hot debate about Schoenmaker. This guy seems to be in the minority that gets it.

Cant say I love this pick. Really hoping the rumours aren't true, and he is more Jack Darling and less Lawrence Angwin

If they are true, I bloody hope we have strong enough leaders at the club to help him grow the f**k up. And fast

*and I'm not talking about the drinking here. Don't give two fifths of half a sh1t about that. But if anyone thinks a 10 week suspension is handed to a 17yo AFL prospect solely for a one off drinking incident, they are kidding themselves

Time will tell but for the sake of all concerned let's hope the dude gets his shit together (I am not sure I can repeat the rumour about the reason for that 10 week suspension around BigFooty...)

The Archer pick is the one that I feel threw off the balance of our draft. I didn't really like any tall forwards at that point in the draft and I hope we haven't reached a little for a particular position.

Had we taken Simpson at 30, Johnston wouldn't have been a need and we could have gone ZZ there instead.

Reid/Simpson/Hall/ZZ just feels better to me than Reid/Reid/Hall/Johnston.

Obviously Archer is a 203cm beanpole and will be a slow burn so we won't know the outcome for years. And now he's here he has my full support. If you're reading this go well! Hopefully the Beagles improve and provide you with some actual service.
I think Reid fills a bigger list need than ZZ. It wasn't really a reach he would have been picked up in the next few picks. Simpson at 30 probably would have been a bigger reach.

Not the draft I expected/was hoping for but the recruiters know way more than I ever will so prepared to see how this cohort pans out

• Harley Reid was a no brainer we just had to shut out the external noise and draft him which we did. The jewel in the crown of this draft and we took him as reward for being last
• Archer Reid was a surprise as a tall forward. Not sure where that leaves the Williams lads. Seems talented but inconsistent and needing a lot of development
• Clay Hall I’m happy with on our list but not only did we take him a bit early, we also traded out our F3 to move up 2 spots to get him. Fills a need as an inside accumulator that can find the ball. His strong body could be useful so don’t mind the player just where he was taken
• Harvey Johnston was a typical ROB selection from nowhere who I know nothing about. The type of selection we’ve made in the past overlooking more highly rated players to take a left field option. History of those picks has been mixed

Will be watching how Simpson and Zakostelsky in particular perform at Fremantle and Brisbane respectively

Overall, for a side that finished last it all seems a bit underwhelming aside from Reid.

But they’re all Eagles now so best of luck to all four lads and hope they whelm my socks off in the years to come

St Kilda board having a hot debate about Schoenmaker. This guy seems to be in the minority that gets it.

Time will tell but for the sake of all concerned let's hope the dude gets his s**t together (I am not sure I can repeat the rumour about the reason for that 10 week suspension around BigFooty...)

Just allude to the allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back