List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stengle is looking lively in the first quarter of the SANFL Grand Final. Although watching the game I can see why people have said that SANFL is the third best state league.
Agreed. Probably should put a caution on those salvating over JHF’s SANFL form

For years Buckley constantly gave games to WHE Josh Thomas Callum Brown ect despite them playing horribly, I don’t know what he demanded but he certainly had his favourites at selection and gave them years of opportunity over other players when they didn’t deserve it.

I would put that down to a lack of talent, not necessarily that they weren’t adhering to the gameplan or standards for preparation or conduct.

No he's a sneak and a rat - proven by the endless leaks during his stint at the club which have started to dry up.

He's also a snivelling backstabber - proven by his media attacks on the club.
Hates the club, has even predicted a quick turnaround and Collingwood making the 8 next year. And then there's you who just constantly whines about him. He's qualified with something to say and then there's you, not a very good judge at all!

I reckon Henry is a ripper and would not want to lose him. But if it came down to a pick between him and Daicos, I know where my money would be. So, if the sh*t hits the fan, Henry to Geelong (they want him) for Kreuger and a 2nd (future even) may do the trick.
Trading Henry is the threads clubhouse leader, who can do better?

I thought someone mentioning we trade JDG and Maynard was the clubhouse leader....🤣

have heard very little about how Reef looked in the VFL.. did he do enough to suggest he's got something special? did his pace stand out?
Explosive at stoppages. Has decent pace over 20 metres (his combine results prove that, wind or no wind)
His other strengths are Contested ball, versatility, strength, agility.
Just 4 quarter consistency and endurance are his weakness, and is something he has been working on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have heard very little about how Reef looked in the VFL.. did he do enough to suggest he's got something special? did his pace stand out?
Once he puts on more size as in muscle.. you're going to see a very good player for us for a long time. He just needs to keep working on fitness and endurance.

When he pushes forward he's dangerous, because of his height he will make mids panic. Saw it a couple times this year.

I reckon Henry is a ripper and would not want to lose him. But if it came down to a pick between him and Daicos, I know where my money would be. So, if the sh*t hits the fan, Henry to Geelong (they want him) for Kreuger and a 2nd (future even) may do the trick.
Congrats, you win todays 'worth post' ... oh my god.

I would put that down to a lack of talent, not necessarily that they weren’t adhering to the gameplan or standards for preparation or conduct.

This gets complicated. Bucks gave WHE games because we'd traded for him and there wasn't a lot of option. You can't just play ten mids because you need forwards. He's a good player, WHE, when utilised in the right position. This year was the year he finally found that position. Averaged 15.7 disposals this year. And that's not bad for a guy who spent the first few games not doing a whole lot.

C. Brown was a youthful forward. Of course you're going to build him up if there's no one else in the wings.

And did we have another small outside Thomas? Elliott was injured for a lot of the time so he got games.

Pace didn’t stand out particularly, but his competitiveness did. He’ll be a clearance machine imo.

Explosive at stoppages. Has decent pace over 20 metres (his combine results prove that, wind or no wind)
His other strengths are Contested ball, versatility, strength, agility.
Just 4 quarter consistency and endurance are his weakness, and is something he has been working on
With good coaching and fitness staff they can be fixed with a couple of good preseasons.

It disturbs me that there is an assumption that McCrae is going to coach better than Buckley did. There is no evidence for this. He has yet to lift a glove in the job. I look forward with trepidation to the abuse that will flow his way when he does not deliver a flag in 2022.
So much expectation is being expended on two possible trades of marginal players. Again, it is all hope without evidence.
And poor Nick Daicos. The weight of the club is on his shoulders.
Like last year, we will start with a wafer thin crust of good players and will crumble when a couple of them are injured. It will not be the coaches fault, but like Buckley, McCrae can look forward to being devoured by Collingwood when the inevitable happens. The fallout from the Beams disaster will continue for a while yet.

Post of the yr re.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back