Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Local Knowledge

Senior List
May 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was going to pose this question at the half way mark of the season, but sort of glad I didn't. Who will make the finals in Div 1? For mine it'll be (not in order) Gembrook, Woori, Emerald, Wandin & Upwey. It didn't seem to long ago the question was asked if Upwey would be relegated. With Sheers, and more importantly, Porter playing again I think Upwey will be the big mover in the second half of year.

What do u mean by that finger?? I would suggest gembrook worri emerald olinda should definately make it with fifth a raffle between wandin and upwey

You believe that they get a good run with the men in orange?? Is that what your saying. I watched the game yday and thought if anything gembrook got some fortunate frees, Shippy in particular. Probably the one that should have been paid wasn't as umpire was rumored to have said he was out of position... All in all what I've seen of emerald this year I wouldn't agree

You believe that they get a good run with the men in orange?? Is that what your saying. I watched the game yday and thought if anything gembrook got some fortunate frees, Shippy in particular. Probably the one that should have been paid wasn't as umpire was rumored to have said he was out of position... All in all what I've seen of emerald this year I wouldn't agree

Had more than 20 frees then there opponents four times this season all in close games.

That is a pretty amazing stat if true, are you a coach Finger? Or maybe just a Gembrook supporter pissed off from the weekend? Heard there was a very iffy no-call in the dying minutes where Shippy would've had a shot from about 50 if the umpire hadn't put his whistle away.

Had more than 20 frees then there opponents four times this season all in close games.
I'm gonna go out on a lim here and say you are blatantly making this up. If you aren't then as asked previously tell us which games. And who takes these stats anyway, who are you the choo man of the valley?

I'm gonna go out on a lim here and say you are blatantly making this up. If you aren't then as asked previously tell us which games. And who takes these stats anyway, who are you the choo man of the valley?
Most clubs take stats and it's a common talking point. By the way that stat is fact.

Most clubs take stats and it's a common talking point. By the way that stat is fact.
So your across all the blokes taking stats in divvy one are you? Again I reiterate, which games? You can call it a fact all you like but making such allegations without backing them up just saying that it's "fact" doesn't fill me with confidence. Tell us which games.

So your across all the blokes taking stats in divvy one are you? Again I reiterate, which games? You can call it a fact all you like but making such allegations without backing them up just saying that it's "fact" doesn't fill me with confidence. Tell us which games.

Yeah I am actually. What difference what game it was?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I am actually. What difference what game it was?
Well you have clearly stated that the umpires are taking a vested interest in emerald winning games, going on the assumption that yesterday's vs gem brook was one of these so called "4" games name the other three, I'm sure plenty would like to know. Otherwise your credibility has to be called onto question. And regardless you made the statement what's the problem with naming the games?

Well you have clearly stated that the umpires are taking a vested interest in emerald winning games, going on the assumption that yesterday's vs gem brook was one of these so called "4" games name the other three, I'm sure plenty would like to know. Otherwise your credibility has to be called onto question. And regardless you made the statement what's the problem with naming the games?

Stats are there for you to see if you want. One close game it was 34/14.

Nice to see some action on the forum. Was an epic match yesterday at Emerald, players from both teams giving their all while under duress, lost my voice, Marshy missed what looked like a free to Shipp with 30sec left but those calls go both ways all match. To think W Marsh would umpire in FAVOUR of an Emerald team is simply ridiculous!!!

Nice to see some action on the forum. Was an epic match yesterday at Emerald, players from both teams giving their all while under duress, lost my voice, Marshy missed what looked like a free to Shipp with 30sec left but those calls go both ways all match. To think W Marsh would umpire in FAVOUR of an Emerald team is simply ridiculous!!!

Yeah who'd have thought the club his brother plays for.

The Finger has nothing to do with the Gembrook football club,he has canned our club as much as anyone elses.His views are not those of the Gembrook football club.lt was a tough game Saturday in the conditions.Gembrook had roughly twice as many inside 50's as Emerald and from what l was told won all the other stats convincingly.lf you dont score you dont win games.Not the end of the world to lose this game.lt always hurts to lose the bragging rights in the local derbies.Gembrook are still on top of the ladder with a few players to come back and are well placed for an assault on finals football.Emerald are a pretty good side and they will win more games and will be playing finals also.Who knows these two sides might meet again in the finals and this would be another cracking game on a big dry ground which will suit both sides.Of course these are my opinions and l do not speak on behalf of the Gembrook football club.l agree with Rockin Ronnie,good to see some action on the forum.One last thing.l would highly doubt any senior umpire favouring there home club.Marshy has been in our rooms many times.There is always controversy in the close ones.You have 120mins to win a game of football not the last minute.

Out of curiosity Captiger, what were the free kick stats from the weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back