Summer Tokyo 2021 - Volleyball

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I only tuned in during the fourth set (after the handball and soccer finished). Wasn't really supporting anyone, but thoroughly enjoyed the high quality volleyball I saw.

In fact, volleyball has been a sport I've watched a lot this Olympics. Honestly didn't realise how good it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only tuned in during the fourth set (after the handball and soccer finished). Wasn't supporting anyone, but thoroughly enjoyed the high quality volleyball I saw.

In fact, volleyball has been a sport I watched a lot this Olympics. Honestly didn't realise how good it was.
It's a shame how utterly under appreciated it is in this country. Basically no exposure. It's a shame as it's a magnificent sport to play and watch.

I only tuned in during the fourth set (after the handball and soccer finished). Wasn't supporting anyone, but thoroughly enjoyed the high quality volleyball I saw.

In fact, volleyball has been a sport I watched a lot this Olympics. Honestly didn't realise how good it was.
Handball & volleyball are awesome so much better than soccer imo.

Even the women are great to watch.

Gold for France, what a game! Brilliant effort from 4th, eliminate Poland, looked out of the 1st set and took it, ROC coming over the top of them and they fight back to win.

2 great medal matches from the men today. Bring on tomorrow, our girls up against USA for gold at 2.30.

It's a shame how utterly under appreciated it is in this country. Basically no exposure. It's a shame as it's a magnificent sport to play and watch.

Real shame, feel like it's a sport we could be good at. I loved playing it as a teenager... Lets start a team, I wouldn't mind a trip to Paris.

Welcome to volleyball those that have not really seen much of it before. Is an amazing sport to watch (and play).
Wish it was given a bit of a go on 7mate, it's certainly hidden away on 7plus. However, I am very grateful that 7plus is available and we could watch as much volleyball as we liked.

Real shame, feel like it's a sport we could be good at. I loved playing it as a teenager... Lets start a team, I wouldn't mind a trip to Paris.
As someone who has played and coached volleyball for over 30 years, and now have 2 kids who play at a high level, it is heartwarming to see some real appreciation for the sport. Is very underrated as a sport here in Aus, but does still have a very strong community across the States. The biggest participated sports event in the Southern hemisphere has been a volleyball tournament each year for quite a while now. Is the National Schools Championships which when held in Melbourne was hosting over 5000 players. Moved to Gold Coast 2 years ago (and sadly was COVID cancelled last year).

Anyway, could go on about Volleyball, but just glad to see it getting some love1

Wish it was given a bit of a go on 7mate, it's certainly hidden away on 7plus. However, I am very grateful that 7plus is available and we could watch as much volleyball as we liked.
I fell in love with both volleyball & handball at the 2012 olympics when foxtel had about 8 channels i think it was.

Never saw much of it before maybe sbs used to show it?

I fell in love with both volleyball & handball at the 2012 olympics when foxtel had about 8 channels i think it was.

Never saw much of it before maybe sbs used to show it?

Yeah I feel like i've seen plenty on previous olympics. But nothing from the main channels this year. Oh well luckily we had 7plus.

As someone who has played and coached volleyball for over 30 years, and now have 2 kids who play at a high level, it is heartwarming to see some real appreciation for the sport. Is very underrated as a sport here in Aus, but does still have a very strong community across the States. The biggest participated sports event in the Southern hemisphere has been a volleyball tournament each year for quite a while now. Is the National Schools Championships which when held in Melbourne was hosting over 5000 players. Moved to Gold Coast 2 years ago (and sadly was COVID cancelled last year).

Anyway, could go on about Volleyball, but just glad to see it getting some love1

I'm already looking forward to future international events. Think World Champs are next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back