Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track Cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just a fight for the minor medals and the Aussies aren't working hard enough atm.

When the French girls went off the front trying to take a lap, somehow the rest of the field let the Brits break away and chase them down and then the Brits could just sit on them. It's either terrible tactics that no one held the British wheel (given they were the clear leaders and should have been marked) or the Brits are so superior that they just rode off the front of the bunch anyway.

Either way really $hits me. Why are the poms so strong? Fair enough if it was just tactics but they just win every f$#@ing sprint through sheer power. Then between the sprints they're always riding in the first 2 or 3. It's like racing 2 blokes. Are they doping I wonder? they are so superior it's scary.

When the French girls went off the front trying to take a lap, somehow the rest of the field let the Brits break away and chase them down and then the Brits could just sit on them. It's either terrible tactics that no one held the British wheel (given they were the clear leaders and should have been marked) or the Brits are so superior that they just rode off the front of the bunch anyway.

Either way really $hits me. Why are the poms so strong? Fair enough if it was just tactics but they just win every f$#@ing sprint through sheer power. Then between the sprints they're always riding in the first 2 or 3. It's like racing 2 blokes. Are they doping I wonder? they are so superior it's scary.

David Brailsford's marginal gains and an enormous budget following the Beijing into a home Olympics and beyond are the two biggest factors imo.

There have been rumors about the British cycling team and doping for a decade, they really are sus.

They are also the highest funded cycling team in the Olympics by a long way, there budget dwarfs everyone else.

Gb have a boxing, more cycling and chance in relays tonight. Just curious out of GB medals how many are from England?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

every time a brit loses in the velodrome, the world celebrates.

Good win by Belgium there.

Madison next. Love the points race but Madison is the next best thing. here's hoping they don't allow the Brits to dominate. Force them to do everything.
I don't understand how Britain were able to just ride on the front for nearly the entire time in the women's yesterday

I don't understand how Britain were able to just ride on the front for nearly the entire time in the women's yesterday
what really annoyed me so much that i turned off was how they allowed the brits to get into the breakaway.

once the french got off the front, the peloton should have sat up and force the Brits to do all the work to drag them back. They just had keep the wheel of the brits. couldn't even do that

I know womens Madison is still somewhat new but the tactics, changeovers just seemed all over the place.

We're so far off it here. Just sitting in 5-7th every sprint.
Yeah our change overs to the fresh rider seem all stuffed up as we are doing it to soon with 4 laps to go while the other teams that are winning sprints are changing over with 2 or even 1 lap to go before points are awarded.

Now it seems we are dropping way back and have been lapped. 😒🤷‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back