Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track Cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

That just tops it all off. Glaetzer completely f&()$ the whole field and hands the gold medal to GB of all countries, then almost comes last. heck me.

Glaetzer just didn't have the legs. the rest of the field stuffed that up.
Not sure I agree. Was on Glaetzer that one to keep Kenny in check but he was too preoccupied with what was going on behind him.

Even the Aussie commentators alluded to this. It was unfortunately a poor ride :(

Glaetzer just didn't have the legs. the rest of the field stuffed that up.

Glaetzer had the legs. Kenny could have provided a perfect lead out. WTF was he dwaldling for?

Yes good tactics by Kenny, probably his only way to win but Glaetzer made an error most 10 year olds would be ashamed of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, we will start dominating the next world champs and Commonwealth Games...
you really are the anti- Tony Robbins

I have never seen a worse tactical effort than that in 40 years of watching track cycling.............

I almost said this after Edmondsons ride in the Omnium. Somehow he managed to do worse.

Sorry I know I'm posting so much negative $hit but I just can't believe it. We used to be renowned for punching above our weight in Track cycling, now we are a complete embarassment. We have one medal, and we only got that thanks to the Kiwi's crashing. Unbelievable.

Wtf??? Outstanding tactics. I dont know loads about track cycling, but when watching I was thinking, stop looking behind, the dude is just riding off in to the sunset.

Disappointed with the track and road teams this year. No game plan or tactics at all, just ride around and do f-all. No presence in the road race. Track teams in the madison, Kieran, pursuit and omnium just seemed to be doddling around the track. Manage to fluke a bronze in the mens pursuit only because the kiwis stuffed up. What happened to actually having a race plan against actual opponent eg. Meares against Pendleton in 2012

Disappointed with the track and road teams this year. No game plan or tactics at all, just ride around and do f-all. No presence in the road race. Track teams in the madison, Kieran, pursuit and omnium just seemed to be doddling around the track. Manage to fluke a bronze in the mens pursuit only because the kiwis stuffed up. What happened to actually having a race plan against actual opponent eg. Meares against Pendleton in 2012
Coach Gary West stepped down as National head sprint coach in October 2016 after Rio due to motor neurone disease and sadly passed away from it less than 12 months later, and the 2 guys who have taken over from him were of the same caliber.

I say go and get Gary Sutton back to the program who has been coaching the USA woman's track teams since 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back