Summer Tokyo 2021 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Which usually where the US have it over everyone because of all those college meets their swimmers do.

I know 5 or 10 years ago Swimming Oz decided to have relay camps to improve our changeovers.

Yep and it’s a huge change from even these Olympics where we seemed to lose ground on most changeovers in the earlier relays.

I will say the yanks have had great sportsmanship this olympics as a general rule. Only one bad incident compared to the usual every event.

With big head Lilly King and her ego I struggle to feel for the Yanks

The women have outperformed the men for a while now from memory.

Goes in circles in the Thorpe era we’d struggle to win 1 in the women. Next era might be the men there’s plenty of young swimmers coming through

Chelsea Hodges expression at the end was like a kid at Xmas. Really happy for her to get a gold medal.

Was the leg that won it. You’d expect the other 3 to swim well but Chelsea swimming THAT well was what won it

Anyone with a some insight on the development of our swimmers able to explain the contrasting results between the women and the men this Olympics?

I don’t think we’ve ever been good at both at once. When our men were at their peak, the women were average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and it’s a huge change from even these Olympics where we seemed to lose ground on most changeovers in the earlier relays.
Thorpey just talked about it and said something like, who would have thought we were better at changeovers than the yanks and mentioned their college system. He said our total change over times was 0.49 but I missed the yanks total, so will have to go and calculate it.

Goes in circles in the Thorpe era we’d struggle to win 1 in the women. Next era might be the men there’s plenty of young swimmers coming through

Last Olympics the men won 2 individual gold medals and the women won none.

Thorpey just talked about it and said something like, who would have thought we were better at changeovers than the yanks and mentioned their college system. He said our total change over times was 0.49 but I missed the yanks total, so will have to go and calculate it.

Think he said a full second difference? But it’s a remarkable change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back