Summer Tokyo 2021 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Won it on those changeovers
Which usually where the US have it over everyone because of all those college meets their swimmers do.

I know 5 or 10 years ago Swimming Oz decided to have relay camps to improve our changeovers.

Wow, that Campbell changeover win's it and that Hodges leg was golden.

Yep, a lot of credit has to go to Chelsea Hodges, managed to keep in touch, that's all she needed to do, but managed to outswim Jacoby.

This is a relay that will make the four girls the stuff of legends.

McKeown, McKeon and Titmus are the golden generation with a heap of expectation on them in Paris now.

This week has been simply amazing viewing. Even the missus who doesn’t like sport has been yelling at the TV and stopping her life to watch us go at it!

This is a rare occasion where I actually feel stiff for the Americans.

Nup love beating the Yanks in anything, they’re such a powerhouse, I never feel sorry for them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup love beating the Yanks in anything, they’re such a powerhouse, I never feel sorry for them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I will say the yanks have had great sportsmanship this olympics as a general rule. Only one bad incident compared to the usual every event.

It is officially the most gold won by our swimming team at an Olympics, so yes it is!
There’s more events than ever so chances of winning more events are increased but it’s only one additional women’s event (which we didn’t win) and one mixed relay which we didn’t either. Definitely our best regardless.

It is isn’t it?
Yes absolutely and no relatively.

In Melbourne we won 8 golds in 14 events and 15 medals, but there were only 7 freestyle events and we won them all. Here there are 16 freestyle events.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back