Toast Toby love thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke has to stay fit for us to cause some trouble, he is the X Factor.

My mates down here call him the C Factor but all agree they would love him to play for their team!
It was pretty noticeable the Richmond fans booing him at the ground last night. That's some respect from oppo fans for a guy who has barely played a game this year.

Great players kick the last goal of close games.
Great players are still in the mix at the end of tuff hard games

Is Dawson becoming the 2nd most popular player among the playing group? ????

I'm ok with outlawing the usage of studs. It is moderately likely to cause injury compared to most "football actions" and I think Toby would just start raising a knee instead, which is more sustainable.

He can join Darren Jolly, who is largely responsible for the "one metre separation at boundary throw-ins" rule after tackling opposing ruckmen throughout 2012 to make up for his loss of athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with outlawing the usage of studs. It is moderately likely to cause injury compared to most "football actions" and I think Toby would just start raising a knee instead, which is more sustainable.

He can join Darren Jolly, who is largely responsible for the "one metre separation at boundary throw-ins" rule after tackling opposing ruckmen throughout 2012 to make up for his loss of athleticism.

Just more softening of the game to appeal to soccer mums. I like Toby's use of the leg to get distance and the way it stops players recklessly flying backwards into contests to show "courage". In this case it is easy for him to mainly use the knee instead and achieve similar effect but a knee to the head/back/ribs is often worse than a foot that acts like a piston to protect space.

<rant>When will the fools in charge of violent leagues like the NFL and Aussie Rules realize a lot of the attraction is the fact it is a rough, violent game. Do they think boxing and the UFC cares much about CTE? For some reason it is "understood" if you get hit a lot in those sports that you will suffer brain damage but we pretend that playing football should be safe? There is literally nothing you can do except change the game drastically and then what are we watching exactly? Touch football.</rant>

I do find it strange that the foot out to protect space is banned and the media act outraged demanding weeks.
Yet
Hits to the head they brush off as incidents.
Boots in the back and head while going for a mark are ok.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GWS are easy targets for the VICmedia, they dislike the amount of talent the team has and constantly want to put the team down.

The strange thing is like I said the foot acting like a piston in the way Toby used it, even if it does some damage like any action on the AFL field, would be preferred over a knee to the head or ribs. I am sure this is why Toby did it in the first place, to protect the other players from the damage he could easily have done to them!

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back