Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting loose to me wouldn't be hot air ballooning
I was up for most things foolish when I was younger but drew the line at doing a bungee from the bridge between Zim and Zambia at Vic Falls, 120 metres straight down, one of our number did it and I watched that which was more than enough for me.

I'd probably skip the coffee and just have the booze

Drinking coffee after 8 is dangerous
Tell me about it, and I’ve switched to mostly decaf over the last 2 months . Made a cuppa at 8 the other night and finally got to sleep at 2am.

Tell me about it, and I’ve switched to mostly decaf over the last 2 months . Made a cuppa at 8 the other night and finally got to sleep at 2am.
same here
i wake at 6am, have a double shot latte at around 7am each day (thats a long mac topped up for perth folks, for some reason).
and i can fall asleep around 930-10pm.

if i want a second coffee, mid morning sy 10am, i know that will get me to midnight - so i dothat if i have an event, night footy game etc

if i have one at lunchtime or afternoon, forget it, im up til 2-3am

I've just finished a coffee at 4pm. I find it has little effect on my sleep.
I was like that when I was having 6+ coffees a day but since I’ve dropped to one and the rest decaf I notice a difference

yep all depends on your body and metabolism
i read that the half life of caffeine ranges from 6-12 hours depending on the person
Plus for some people it doesn't even act as a stimulant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That might be me, I drink it in the morning as part of habit and because I do enjoy the taste, but I don't ever feel like I'm suddenly more alert or ready to attack the day. I need crack for that.
That might be why the coffee doesn't seem to do much

That might be me, I drink it in the morning as part of habit and because I do enjoy the taste, but I don't ever feel like I'm suddenly more alert or ready to attack the day. I need crack for that.
I have two mugs of strong black coffee in the morning and generally that's it but I don't notice any kick either.

My ex-bf bought me a voucher for a hot air balloon ride for my 21st, despite knowing I'm deathly afraid of heights...so he wasted a few hundred bucks. Suckerrrr

My daughter’s partner bought her a sky dive even though he knew that she suffers serious ear problems when flying.
She needed an operation after returning from Europe as her ears wouldn’t equalise.

Google told him that it wouldn’t be “as bad”

Cost him the jump and a weekends accomodation when she flatly refused to go

My daughter’s partner bought her a sky dive even though he knew that she suffers serious ear problems when flying.
She needed an operation after returning from Europe as her ears wouldn’t equalise.

my mate had a lot of ear pain sky diving and really didn't enjoy it so smart from her to not do it

he enjoyed bungie jumping much more

I enjoy having done neither even more 😂

Our son asked for a parachute jump for his 21st. Heart-in-mouth stuff for parents 🫣

I at least asked for the balloon ride, especially after an older friend sent pictures of their experience and raved about it.

I don’t know where else to post this but could any of you nice Melburnians tell me if it’s possible to take a free tram from Southern Cross station (the Skybus depot) to Flinders St/Fed Square? And if so where to catch it? TIA.

Yeah all the trams are free in the CBD, you can stroll down to Flinders St via Spencer st and get a tram on the corner where the backpacker hostel used to be.

I don’t know where else to post this but could any of you nice Melburnians tell me if it’s possible to take a free tram from Southern Cross station (the Skybus depot) to Flinders St/Fed Square? And if so where to catch it? TIA.
All of them are free within the CBD

Our son asked for a parachute jump for his 21st. Heart-in-mouth stuff for parents 🫣

I at least asked for the balloon ride, especially after an older friend sent pictures of their experience and raved about it.
My friend's son has done it, he loved it, she dealt with it.

I caught a small prop plane the other week, I was looking out the window trying to imagine doing the jump, but just couldn't. It's one of this things I wish I could do but just can't see myself ever doing.

Walk outside the depot, cross to the other side of Spencer St, and jump on the 70 or the 75. As others have said, it's all in the free tram zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back