Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as i dont want to wade into this ******* shitstorm.

I work in the construction industry and there is absolutely a push to have more women employed. FWIW in my (pretty extensive) experience the women are some of the hardest working and most resourceful people ive dealt with and most completely understand they have to not only work harder and do more but also somehow be nicer and more liked all at the same time to progress.

As for women onsite as per Cuzz example, bullshit, the types of projects you are talking about would either be council work or major projects (both of which absolutely have incentives for more women to be employed) but the generalisation you are making just isnt the case, id suggest its some sort of unconscious bias but i havent ever looked over a building or construction site and seen women standing around anymore than i have seen the men, in fact id argue the opposite is true as the women are aware more people watch and measure their producivity.

On Interlopers point, its sort of accurate, a number of major builders found that in consumer facing roles (eg Traffic Control) women were much better at conflict resolution and de escalation than men had been. Hence alot of traffic management sub contractors looked to hire more women in the role (less conflict, less complaints, less complaints better references, better references more work).
I will say I worked for a bit in a fruit warehouse and gender equality does kind of go out the window a bit (blokes do all the lifting heavy stuff and women sort the fruit).

Did get put to shame when a jacked lady took over lifting for a bit when I got tired once.

Some guy came up to me at work and said 'Happy May the 4th', I looked at him blankly and he said 'Ya know, Star Wars man'. I had to google it when I got back to my office. Ugh

Some guy came up to me at work and said 'Happy May the 4th', I looked at him blankly and he said 'Ya know, Star Wars man'. I had to google it when I got back to my office. Ugh
More of a Trekkie?

Sopranos, Ozark, Breaking Bad...that's about it
I'm not familiar enough with Star Trek to know which Captains they are.
I pretty much just know Kirk and Piccard but I can see you're a real fan

I saw someone suggest that 5/4 (American style date) would be better celebrated as Dave Bruebeck day.
I had to look up who that was to get that joke Gough but well played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Have I Done Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back