Teams The 'What Does Your Current Side Look Like' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a real big round last week and looking pretty good atm I think. Have 19 players this week if Thurlow plays. Next weeks trades will probably be 2 downgrades, Nicholls and K.Martin/Hrovat. Projected at 1929.
Will Menzel play?

Curious since I don't care for the bye unlike the DT professionals whom are trying to make there team great.

Should I keep Hanley because BRL are in the bye first round? It won't effect his recent price drop and Gibbs is doing well and is about 25k under him (which I traded Gibbs>Hanley).
Instead of doing that this week should I do it next week and instead Ball>Wines?

Traded in Stanton this week plus hrovat
dtteam.jpg

my team is now full of band-aid repairs from a horrific run of injury and suspension from rnd 4 onwards.
this weeks trades not used yet...
DT 2013 round 10 squad.JPG

ZOQivo1.png

Ranked 1,898.

Trades made for this week. Will field 17-20 players in round 11 depending on the availability of Dwyer, Thurlow and Crouch. Sweating on Rockliff and Ellis the week after.

r11wings.png

Is Heppell a must have? I'm thinking it might be worth targeting him, although tempting to just get Birchall at his price. Scotland -> Heppell/Birch

Forward line is looking pretty good. Rucks are good with depth having NicNat as a DPP.

Midfield needs some attention going to advise Wingard -> Barlow. If Deledio goes another crap score I think he needs to go on the chopping block for someone like Sam Mitchell who's been super consistent.

Any tips or other ideas? What would you do if you had this team?

View attachment 20990

Is Heppell a must have? I'm thinking it might be worth targeting him, although tempting to just get Birchall at his price. Scotland -> Heppell/Birch

Forward line is looking pretty good. Rucks are good with depth having NicNat as a DPP.

Midfield needs some attention going to advise Wingard -> Barlow. If Deledio goes another crap score I think he needs to go on the chopping block for someone like Sam Mitchell who's been super consistent.

Any tips or other ideas? What would you do if you had this team?
Good team mate. I really like the setup you have with Cox, Roughy, Nicholls in the ruck and NicNat in the forwardline.

I would definitely be looking at getting Heppell instead of Birchall even with his high price. You are just lacking that third real premium in the backline with a lot of 'almost premiums' in Burgoyne, Hartlett & Scotland.

Maybe trade Terlich instead of Scotland though? They will be at about the same price and I'd think Scotland might be just slightly more reliable than Terlich as a 7th back. However, if you struggle to field a full team next round trading Scotland ahead of Terlich would be the better option. I realise you wouldn't be getting Heppell next round but if you can't field a team then maybe downgrading Scotland and upgrading Thurlow to Heppell the week after could be a good option.

While it looks like Mitchell will be a solid 8th midfielder I really like the Wingard -> Barlow trade, with Deledio, Dangerfield and Priddis you have a lot of solid premiums but you are probably lacking that one extra true premium and Barlow definitely seems like the best option available at the moment. Jack and Scott Selwood are close but not on the same level as Barlow.

If you do those 2 upgrades your team will be looking very good. After that as a luxury upgrade I'd look to get Stevie J in for Buddy, Josh Kennedy or Macaffer. I know his price is very high but he is probably the only forward capable of averaging 110+. Your forward line is decent as it is with Riewoldt, Bartel and Cloke but having Buddy & Kennedy starting with no SJ is a minor issue.

Your team is probably a little bit different to the norm but overall I really like it :thumbsu:

Here is my current team. I really like my forwardline but my midfield and backline are probably a little bit below par. In the next 3 weeks I'll be getting Barlow, Mitchell, Gibbs & S.Selwood to complete it.

2n7imau.png

Just traded up, looking at:
Backs: Goddard, Heppell, Burgoyne, Birchall, Gibbs, Ibbotson (Goodes, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Stanton, Pendlebury, JPK, Cotchin, Mitchell (Martin, Hutchings)
Rucks: Kruezer, Leuenberger (Blicavs, Nicholls)
Forwards: Martin, Cox, Cloke, Johnson, Rockliff, Kennedy (Rowe, Staker)
with $305,600 to get that last premium mid next week then tweak it.

Anyone care to rate out of 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team looks like a bunch of potatoes that went through a Johnson & Johnson production line, spuds covered in Band Aids.

Team is sliding further and further down the rankings but my team is getting there:

Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 7.08.57 PM.png

1 upgrade to make in the midfield which will most likely happen next week. Still undecided who I will go with on that one. Lecras will most likely become Bartel in the near future and I plan on using Monfries consistency as my E in the forward line (has only scored under 70 once).

My main problem at the moment is too many under performing premiums. Scotland, Hanley, Cotchin and Franklin are causing me grief but I don't plan on getting rid of any of them. Will eventually move Scotland to D7.

Will be good to have just the one rookie playing next week in Mitchell if I can manage to avoid injuries. Monfries should provide solid back up for SJ.

(pending injuries to upset my trade plans)

B: Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Hartlett, Ibbotson, Terlich + Thurlow, Clisby
C: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Cornes, Watson, Griffen, O'Meara, T Mitchell + K Martin, Toumpas
R: Cox, Kruezer + Currie, McBean
F: N Riewoldt, D Martin, Ja Roughead, Cloke, JJ Kennedy, Rockliff + Ja Stringer, Lee

Ibbotson & Clisby are planned ins for Rd 15 with Vlaustin and Birchall going out giving me $160k in cap space. Managed 2174 this round with Birchall on the pine and Vlasutin pulling out and giving me a doughnut.

Will probably upgrade O'Meara to Steve Johnson for Rd 16 & downgrade Toumpas to a rookie with M/D capacity, then for Rd 17 either turn Mitchell & Martin into Barlow and rookie or if Mitchell gets back to scoring 100s upgrade Terlich or Hartlett, and using Stringer & Thurlow to eventually upgrade the other.

In reality I'll probably cop a bunch of injuries and use my trades covering them...

This is my current team after trading Vlastuin > Clisby, and Laird > Ibbotson.

As you can see, I've gone with the 'make as much ca$h and upgrade to in-form premos come finals time' approach, as I'm playing for my 4 league titles. I have a bucketload of cash to be used. The downside is the unpredictability of playing rookies.

My line of thinking is that in the next few weeks, I'll be aiming to trade OUT O'Meara, Selwood, Fyfe, and Rockliff, in order to upgrade to the likes of Swan/Watson/Barlow/Cornes, Bartel/Stokes, etc. I aim to do this by downgrading the likes of Crouch, Gawn, Mayes, etc.

Any tips are definitely welcome!

9zbiQDh.png

dt.JPG

Filled out with 22 'premo's,' though some don't like scoring like they are. I've been more lucky than most when it's come to injuries, form slumps and suspensions, so I can't complain too much

Held out on Hartlett, got him in with that Gibbs, Heppell fiasco, I couldn't afford to lose all that cash on him and he's starting to pull up good scores. Just got Hanley in at a handy price, only way is up from here, I hope. So I'm happy how things are at the moment, will feel x10 better once I rid myself of Fyfe and JPK though.

RghU9O9.png

Vlas > Clisby
Goodes > Ibbo

Next week Caff straight back to SJ, got the cash all ready for it. Team is pretty much set. Now it is just luxury trades to uber premo's from here on out.

Vlas > Clisby
Goodes > Ibbo

Next week Caff straight back to SJ, got the cash all ready for it. Team is pretty much set. Now it is just luxury trades to uber premo's from here on out.

Nice side mate. What's your rank? Don't like the Harvey pick though. GJ with sticking onto Hartlett as I did. He is quality, was always going to bounce back.

gIWU7NA.png

261 overall, gone very well over the byes and last week (2211). Really liking my side at the moment, in the last 5 or so weeks all my pickups have been great. Barlow, Griffen, Kreuzer, Ibbotson etc. Traded out Ellis this week, I got him at 217k, I think his time is up. Playing Terlich. Next week I'm going to bring SJ back in for Dwyer (bench Rocky) and upgrade Terlich if any other defenders decide to pull their fingers out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back