The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Reinforces how industry has been ripping people off. Gullible early adopters

As technology and development improves prices are falling …. Mass production and consumer Demand has an impact too.

I love how you are able to squeeze out a negative from a positive… you must be fun to live with.

Last edited:
When a company like CATL, make batteries, there is a high element of R&D and equipment involved.
The whole business model is based on them making enough in sales to recoup the investment.

With a downturn in the market, we don't know how much they are earning, but they have obviously worked out they are better off with their equipment fully utilised than running at a lower output. We don't know if they have already recouped their capital investment of not without delving into their figures.

Pretty easy to work out if you work there and know all the figures.

Tesla are also feeling the pinch.

Supply/Demand situation.

As technology and development improves prices are falling …. Mass production and consumer Demand has an impact too.

I love how you are able to squeeze out a negative from a positive… you must be fun to live with.

Don’t paint me as anti ev. I’m anti corporate profiteering under the guise of ‘let’s all pull together to resolve this issue’

Especially when they want taxpayer money in subsidies

Don’t paint me as anti ev. I’m anti corporate profiteering under the guise of ‘let’s all pull together to resolve this issue’

Building an entire new car industry isn’t cheap .. especially when it’s constantly attacked by the naysayers… and the corporate owned media who are funded by the oil industry.

Building an entire new car industry isn’t cheap .. especially when it’s constantly attacked by the naysayers… and the corporate owned media who are funded by the oil industry.

How does the overall cost differ / increase due to naysayers and the media? Can you pls explain?

Except its not an entire new car industry.
Most of the fundamentals are the same as the old car industry.
Its easier for some car makers to make an electric drive train than it is for them to make a diesel drive train.
( ICE's are very capital intensive ).

The car industry does not want the market to transform into utilitarian commodities. They want to keep the glam factor

EV has been that up to now, but it won’t be the more there are EVs across the board. Like in China.

Take up of e-bikes is probably pulling more environmental weight across the globe

The car industry does not want the market to transform into utilitarian commodities. They want to keep the glam factor

EV has been that up to now, but it won’t be the more there are EVs across the board. Like in China.

Take up of e-bikes is probably pulling more environmental weight across the globe

If you live 10km or so from where you work, E-Bike commuting is really viable for people who couldn't cope with riding an ordinary bike that far too and from.

They are great, instead of using around two tonnes of metal to move 90kg of human, they weigh around 20kg.

Work = force times distance.
Force = mass times acceleration.
Power = Work per Second.

Last edited:

Taxpayers have paid plenty in fossil fuel subsidies over the years, and still do. Why shouldn't EV get a level playing field?

Taxpayers have paid plenty in fossil fuel subsidies over the years, and still do. Why shouldn't EV get a level playing field?

True, but aren’t we leaving that behind.

I’d be cheering for subsidies for commercial applications where not only are the vehicles doing magnitudes more km than private cars, if no longer deisel a whole raft of other pollution is taken out of residential areas.

Govts and companies do have more funding options open to them though. Commercial uses will drag up the infrastructure for private too

we are told the EVs will become cost competitive anyway

If you live 10km or so from where you work, E-Bike commuting is really viable for people who couldn't cope with riding an ordinary bike that far too and from.

They are great, instead of using around two tonnes of metal to move 90kg of human, they weigh around 20kg.

Work = force times distance.
Force = mass times acceleration.
Power = Work per Second.

‘Around the globe’ I read they are making huge differences overseas, more than here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m now hooked up to Amber Electric and they are controlling my home battery via a program called Smartshift.
It’s an amazing program that is selling my excess battery storage to grid right now that I don’t need.
Currently getting 27 cents feed in.
This will ensure I make money from my solar and push my payback well under the 10 year warranty period.
If anyone is interested I can explain more.

True, but aren’t we leaving that behind.

I’d be cheering for subsidies for commercial applications where not only are the vehicles doing magnitudes more km than private cars, if no longer deisel a whole raft of other pollution is taken out of residential areas.

Govts and companies do have more funding options open to them though. Commercial uses will drag up the infrastructure for private too

we are told the EVs will become cost competitive anyway

The roads cost a hell of a lot more when they have to be designed to take the load of a heavy truck.
That's one of the reasons Diesel in australia is not cheap.

I’m now hooked up to Amber Electric and they are controlling my home battery via a program called Smartshift.
It’s an amazing program that is selling my excess battery storage to grid right now that I don’t need.
Currently getting 27 cents feed in.
This will ensure I make money from my solar and push my payback well under the 10 year warranty period.
If anyone is interested I can explain more.

That's a reason the gov love home solar, most commercial enterprises wouldn't go near 10 year payback.

Except its not an entire new car industry.
Most of the fundamentals are the same as the old car industry.
Its easier for some car makers to make an electric drive train than it is for them to make a diesel drive train.
( ICE's are very capital intensive ).

Have you seen the giga factory?

That's a reason the gov love home solar, most commercial enterprises wouldn't go near 10 year payback.

On current prices I’m looking at 6-7 years. That’s if prices don’t go up.
Battery can do 10,000 cycles.. the maths adds up.
What was the payback for snowy hydro?

Have you seen the giga factory?

No. Apart from a lot of new stuff, is there anything that makes it unique?
But most of the Tesla's we get here are made in China right?

I hope you don't drink the Elon coolaid about knowing more about manufacturing than anyone else on the planet.

Tesla paved the way for electric vehicles, but there are still doubts about them being there for the long haul.

No. Apart from a lot of new stuff, is there anything that makes it unique?
But most of the Tesla's we get here are made in China right?

I hope you don't drink the Elon coolaid about knowing more about manufacturing than anyone else on the planet.

Tesla paved the way for electric vehicles, but there are still doubts about them being there for the long haul.

The giga factory in nevada is massive … and Tesla doesn’t just make cars.

It's hilarious to read everyday the shrill anti-renewable bull s**t in the Murdoch gutter press. What must happen is that the ALP must be returned at the next election, whether people like them or not because if they are, then the ranting and carrying on from the Bolts et al. will be nothing more than the hysterics of those in the throws of death.

The "me-me" generation and the "now-now" lot need to be patient just a little while longer because the revolutionary transition to renewable and net zero does not come about by just snapping ones fingers as the Greens political party seem to think happens.

It has to be done in an orderly, systematic way as to cause a minimum amount of disruption to whole communities and areas that have been captives of fossil fuel production and energy generation, for generations.

Another 3 years or so and the Bolts of this world will be ridiculed for the morons they are.

It's hilarious to read everyday the shrill anti-renewable bull s**t in the Murdoch gutter press. What must happen is that the ALP must be returned at the next election, whether people like them or not because if they are, then the ranting and carrying on from the Bolts et al. will be nothing more than the hysterics of those in the throws of death.

The "me-me" generation and the "now-now" lot need to be patient just a little while longer because the revolutionary transition to renewable and net zero does not come about by just snapping ones fingers as the Greens political party seem to think happens.

It has to be done in an orderly, systematic way as to cause a minimum amount of disruption to whole communities and areas that have been captives of fossil fuel production and energy generation, for generations.

Another 3 years or so and the Bolts of this world will be ridiculed for the morons they are.

I'd prefer to disrupt the ALP LNP duopoly. That would really ridicule the Murdoch gutter press that you speak about.

Give Greens and Independents the balance of power.

I'd prefer to disrupt the ALP LNP duopoly. That would really ridicule the Murdoch gutter press that you speak about.

Give Greens and Independents the balance of power.
I would not mind the Independents to have the balance of power but as for the Greens Political Party, f**k the c***s! They betrayed the Indigenous people to play bullshit politics and I despise them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back