Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where today leaves Kersten and Hamling, apart from uncontracted and untraded. You'd assume there's no PSD/rookie interest from our end (or anyone else's) given there was no interest during the week, but who knows.

They move for work because mining companies are phasing out paying for interstate travel, in other words point of hire is solely Perth nowadays. And judging by the increasing number of State of Origin guernsies in the Pilbara, majority of them are from NSW or QLD. Lot of my colleagues moved officially to Perth recently just to save on airfares [those on 8/6 or 2w/1w rosters]

FWIW, I like Perth but it's not as "alive" as Melbourne
I don't care mate. the people who love it here love it here. Each to their own. A persons or many peoples preference for a certain place is just their own perspective on things, doesn't make it the way that all people should perceive it or make it gospel. I can only imagine there is a certain level of insecurity for a state to have to constantly blow its own trumpet and in-turn insult every other state.
There would be a lot of mining workers coming over but that is not the only cause of the population influx. Many people are also leaving Melbourne to go to Queensland.

Well if our aim was to hold on to all our picks, let's all bow down before the all-conquering Bond for achieving that goal
If our goal was to improve the list, let's all bow down befor.......wait.......we did nothing in that regard. Maybe the right person wasn't out there but ah well.
If out goal was to improve our draft position, let's all bow down befor......wait.......we didn't do that either

Ah well, hopefully we'll get it right at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back