The Title Race

Who will win the Premier League title?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What a title race. Time to look at the ladder.

Race Marathon GIF by kans

I think ive come around to the thought of Arsenal winning the league, they play such easy on the eye attacking football and I'd be happy to see King Kai getting a winners medal. Arteta seems a douche, but most good managers are.

Its going to be a fascinating end to the season with 3 great teams going at it.

I think ive come around to the thought of Arsenal winning the league, they play such easy on the eye attacking football and I'd be happy to see King Kai getting a winners medal. Arteta seems a douche, but most good managers are.

Its going to be a fascinating end to the season with 3 great teams going at it.
I weirdly am still not sold on them winning it. I still think they lack a goal scorer. That seems weird to say with the amount of goals they have been scoring of late but sometimes you have one of those off days, nothing is working and you need a guy to tuck something away.

We have Salah and of course City have Haaland, Arsenal dont have that big time goal getter that gets you out of a jam.

I might be wrong and they go on to win the league, I guess we will see. Arsenal's upcoming game against City at the end of the month will be a really interesting one to watch.

I weirdly am still not sold on them winning it. I still think they lack a goal scorer. That seems weird to say with the amount of goals they have been scoring of late but sometimes you have one of those off days, nothing is working and you need a guy to tuck something away.

We have Salah and of course City have Haaland, Arsenal dont have that big time goal getter that gets you out of a jam.

I might be wrong and they go on to win the league, I guess we will see. Arsenal's upcoming game against City at the end of the month will be a really interesting one to watch.

This time around Arsenal are much stronger all round and are getting better, rather than dropping off a cliff like they did last season.

For Arsenal, I reckon if they beat City/Spurs/Utd they'll win the title. That's where it will be won and lost for them. If they win all of those fixtures ourselves & City will drop points in other fixtures. The rest of Arsenal's fixtures are pretty straight forward.

Of course, I hope they draw to City and lose to Spurs/Utd. Spurs could do the right thing and help Liverpool to a title!!

This time around Arsenal are much stronger all round and are getting better, rather than dropping off a cliff like they did last season.

For Arsenal, I reckon if they beat City/Spurs/Utd they'll win the title. That's where it will be won and lost for them. If they win all of those fixtures ourselves & City will drop points in other fixtures. The rest of Arsenal's fixtures are pretty straight forward.

Of course, I hope they draw to City and lose to Spurs/Utd. Spurs could do the right thing and help Liverpool to a title!!
That's not really true, at the same time last season Arsenal were top of the PL, 5 points clear of City with 10 games to go.

It was really MD 30 where the rot started to sink in when ironically it was us that drew with them at Anfield 2-2 in the midst of a poor season that started Arsenal's downfall. We battered them in that game as well as we had started our revival and the run in to get back into the top four which inevitably fell short.

MD30 - Drew 2-2 Liverpool
MD31 - Drew 2-2 West Ham
MD32 - Drew 3-3 Southampton
MD33 - Lost 4-1 Man City

So at the start of MD 30 they were 5 clear of City and at the end of MD 33 they were two points behind City and it was over.

It was basically right about now when Arsenal fell over.

Having said all that, I dont think they will do that again this season. I think they will hang in there better having learnt from last season but City will be too strong in the end as they always are.

Last year just shows why the race doesn't really happen until the last weeks of the season. From January to the start of April, all clubs are doing is jockeying to be in the race.

We've got Liverpool away, Arsenal home and Villa home in our next three. If we're within 5 of the top I'll be fairly relaxed going into into the last games of the season (doesnt mean we'll overhaul the gap but still in with a shot).

Can't remember the season when us and Liverpool just kept on winning but that rarely happens and we'll all drop points in the next few months. Quite possibility in the games we least expect it.

3 points from Liverpool (a), West Ham (a), Southampton (h) and City (a) totally changed the season for Arsenal. And then lost to Brighton (h) and Forest (a) a few weeks later.

It sucks we are doing so well but Liverpool and City just keep on winning.
You guys were top Cruyff then had 2-3 shithouse matches where you ****ed up. I think one was at home to West Ham. I'm surprised you're only 2 points behind I thought it was more. Still got a shot although I don't see it but a big chance this week as Pool-City play and no excuses vs Brentford.

Thank * those Manure scum are languishing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to our life the past 5-6 years with City. Ugh.
It might seem otherwise but there's really only been a couple of close title races between the two of us in the Klopp/Pep era.

16/17 we finished 3rd, 15 behind Chelsea. You finished 4th 2 behind us.

17/18 you finished 4th 25 points behind

18/19 was the big one where we won our last 18 and finished a point ahead.

19/20 you won by 18.

20/21 you finished 3rd 17 points behind

21/22 we won 6 of our last 7 and won by a point.

22/23 you finished 5th, 22 points behind.

23/24 we'll see

It might seem otherwise but there's really only been a couple of close title races between the two of us in the Klopp/Pep era.

16/17 we finished 3rd, 15 behind Chelsea. You finished 4th 2 behind us.

17/18 you finished 4th 25 points behind

18/19 was the big one where we won our last 18 and finished a point ahead.

19/20 you won by 18.

20/21 you finished 3rd 17 points behind

21/22 we won 6 of our last 7 and won by a point.

22/23 you finished 5th, 22 points behind.

23/24 we'll see
The two is enough, two league titles is pretty huge mate. That's a massive difference to any players legacy. Glad we at least got one so those two arent so heartbreaking and it could yet happen again this season, in fact I suspect it will.

But it's not just that we came up agonizingly short it's that we had enough points to win the league in every other season in the history of the sports except for those two years and the Centurion year. It was pretty frustrating, but that's City and their billions. It's tough.

Hopefully we can break through again this season and get one more before Klopp goes. It will be tough though.

Why is this always your reply? Every football team has money, you just have way more than everyone else which is why you win everything. Everybody knows this. Just accept it.
Why does it bother you?

Liverpool and their squad filled with players bought with food coupons.

Matip, Kelleher, Trent, Quansah & Bradley didn't even cost coupons. They cost nothing. Coupons saved were enough to fund Robertson, Endo, Elliot, Gomez & Tsimikas.

You could be at least accurate next time old man.

Matip, Kelleher, Trent, Quansah & Bradley didn't even cost coupons. They cost nothing. Coupons saved were enough to fund Robertson, Endo, Elliot, Gomez & Tsimikas.

You could be at least accurate next time old man.

You seem weirdly concerned about my age for some reason.

No you didn’t. Liverpool came back from 2-0 down needing a later equaliser. If Xhaka kept his head the door would not have been left open.
Liverpool’s 21 shots, 4.0 xG incl a missed penalty and a couple of ridiculous Ramsdale saves suggested otherwise.

Why is this always your reply? Every football team has money, you just have way more than everyone else which is why you win everything. Everybody knows this. Just accept it.
They weren’t anything like this though before Pep got there, and it likely stops when he leaves depending on his replacement. They’ll go back to being one of the top few clubs regularly fighting for trophies but they won’t dominate like they have been.

We could easily be talking about Chelsea or Man Utd the same way right now if Pep went to either, and City could be where the others are with the wrong appointments.

Back