The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So absolutely chuffed about the Labor being on-board thing.
Strange that Bec didn't have it as a priority, Labor might have won government.
I dont think it would have changed Labor's vote much. Glad they are on board now and getting it out in the open early so we can all just get on with looking forward to this team with a bit more energy, enthusiasm and peace of mind!

I think the HPC steam rolls ahead now. There is a meeting about it this week, but I dont think they change their decision. We might see construction on that start this year perhaps, fingers crossed! Then stadium plans early next year.

I dont think it would have changed Labor's vote much. Glad they are on board now and getting it out in the open early so we can all just get on with looking forward to this team with a bit more energy, enthusiasm and peace of mind!

I think the HPC steam rolls ahead now. There is a meeting about it this week, but I dont think they change their decision. We might see construction on that start this year perhaps, fingers crossed! Then stadium plans early next year.
Stadium plans are due mid this year

Off to FB to bask in the anti Stadium crowds tears!
Ive been telling 'them' for weeks that Labor would eventually let it through. The Construction unions & the bulk of ALP supporters wanted it. The internal pressures on the stupid political ploy to oppose it were bound to see the policy reversed.
It was always going to end this way. Seeing the near 200,000 foundation members we have added even further to the pressure to change.
Most of the people I've battled with on social media have disappeared!
YAY, VICTORY IS MINE!!! :p :p :p :p

Yet so many anti stadium people have said that no investors would be interested.
Yes because they are blinded by their hate of anything 'normal' people might want.
Also they have no idea of commercial interest. The stadium, waterfront, Salamanca area is a goldmine for tourism & commercial development. They may want the place to stay like it was in the Whaling days, but most of us want to see it be the jewel in the crown for considered economic growth, an amazing entertainment precinct pretty well in the heart of the city.
These are also the ones who oppose a cable car on Mt Wellington because maybe it'll spoil it!! They forget it has a crappy dangerous near 100 year old road, bike & walking tracks all over it & 2 communication towers like huge phallic symbols over the city. The place is fantastic. The views, the flora, the fresh air, all wonderful for us & tourists alike, but pristine wilderness it ain't.
Thats the stupid mentality we deal with.

I'm happy to be able to visit Tassie and watch a game in comfort at a brand new stadium, but this thing is going to be a loss maker for ever and ever. There won't be any private money involved, just taxpayer money.

I'm happy to be able to visit Tassie and watch a game in comfort at a brand new stadium, but this thing is going to be a loss maker for ever and ever. There won't be any private money involved, just taxpayer money.
You better go tell all the economists who have published papers to the contrary about the results of your study into this before its too late :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes because they are blinded by their hate of anything 'normal' people might want.
Also they have no idea of commercial interest. The stadium, waterfront, Salamanca area is a goldmine for tourism & commercial development. They may want the place to stay like it was in the Whaling days, but most of us want to see it be the jewel in the crown for considered economic growth, an amazing entertainment precinct pretty well in the heart of the city.
These are also the ones who oppose a cable car on Mt Wellington because maybe it'll spoil it!! They forget it has a crappy dangerous near 100 year old road, bike & walking tracks all over it & 2 communication towers like huge phallic symbols over the city. The place is fantastic. The views, the flora, the fresh air, all wonderful for us & tourists alike, but pristine wilderness it ain't.
Thats the stupid mentality we deal with.
The cable car argument is so stupid. Iconic cities like Rio de Janeiro and Cape Town have cable cars to some of their most famous natural monuments e.g. Sugar Loaf mountain and Table Mountain. Anyone with half a brain can recognise that cable cars have enhanced tourism in those cities and have not had a significant impact on the natural environment. It allows more people to access it and share in its awesomeness, which should be viewed as a positive (provided that people are respectful and don’t desecrate the area). They really are a pain in the arse and I hope them losing the stadium battle is a sign of things to come.

Money is like love; it kills slowly and painfully the one's who withhold it, and enlivens the others who turn it on his fellow man.

The cable car argument is so stupid. Iconic cities like Rio de Janeiro and Cape Town have cable cars to some of their most famous natural monuments e.g. Sugar Loaf mountain and Table Mountain. Anyone with half a brain can recognise that cable cars have enhanced tourism in those cities and have not had a significant impact on the natural environment. It allows more people to access it and share in its awesomeness, which should be viewed as a positive (provided that people are respectful and don’t desecrate the area). They really are a pain in the arse and I hope them losing the stadium battle is a sign of things to come.

Probably more important is that the road is often crowded & not real safe. It would be very hard to get an ambulance up there on a busy day. A cable care would reduce vehicular traffic. It'd be great for Tourism.

The more you learn the more you laugh.

So on objection was the staduim would disrespect the cenotapph

Then you read the sewerage treatment plant right next to the cenotaph will need to be moved

A sewerage treatment plant

1715294674426.jpeg

Then you read the sewerage treatment plant right next to the cenotaph will need to be moved

View attachment 1984368

On face value, that doesn't make sense but are you Tassies being deliberately distracted by the stadium no's?

I'm happy to be able to visit Tassie and watch a game in comfort at a brand new stadium,
You'll have to get in line.
but this thing is going to be a loss maker for ever and ever. There won't be any private money involved, just taxpayer money.
Are you kidding? It's going to be the most exclusive stadium in Australia. The next issue is going to be that ticket prices will become unaffordable for the average Joe. Businesses are going to fall over themselves for a piece of that market.

View attachment 1984368
This, of course, is Self's point where a more modern,cleaner treatment plant will be completed. The old & limited MacPoint treatment plant has to be moved if anything at all gets built. Its not just the stadium causing the move. anything put there would have.

Why does a government infrastructure build have to make a profit?

Back