FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

July was the last time I finished a re-watch. Will probably wait until later this year or early 2025 to do another run through. It's funny as I barely paid attention to it on Channel 9 back in the hey-day. I paid more attention to it when 7Mate played it for the first time. As previously posted, I finally purchased the bluray set toward the end of 2021 (years after debating if it was worth doing so. Was contemplating the dvd and bluray box sets but couldn't justify the price, until they dropped to dirt cheap).

Even when I finally ripped the series - (almost 2 years after buying it lol) I still ended up half watching the bluray version (after ripping it) but finishing it off via streaming.

5 eps into season 1 for my first rewatch. So good revisiting this world of characters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first re watch is the best! I think I've watched it twice but will probably hit it again this year.

love it. All he gave a **** about was his food in the microwave and it being ready. Couldn't give two ****s about Meadow.

lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never quite got into the character Dr Melfi and his visits to her. I just didn't buy it sitting at home for some reason. But her acting in her rape scene was chilling and that whole scene was horrendous. It left me feeling sick.
Oh that episode was brutal as hell. And I had absolutely no idea it was coming.

As tough as it was to watch, it was a great episode tho. Perfect ending too, it could not have ended any other way (unfortunately)

Dr Melfi was shit. She abandoned Tony because of that little nerd dwarf Elliot put shit in her head and revealed that she was seeing him when they were at a Dinner with other psych's.

She was shithouse. I wish Tony spat in her face.

Started watching series 4. Too slow imo it was starting to piss me off.

Series 6 is the best. Of course with time they evolved but yeah. Can't stand Janice, Carmela with her over the top whining.

It's not that I don't like mob/mafia stuff. I've seen many of the great mafia movies and enjoyed them. We just never watched this back when it aired for some reason. And I've never felt I needed to watch it.
I will tell you why you never watched it and that was how Nien destroyed the viewing experience. It didn’t rate so pushed out to late night start times on Season 1.

Then with Season 2 about to start Nien put a notice on screen saying the new series won’t air tonight; instead S1 will be repeated. (Could have been S3 can’t remember exactly)

From that point on it was moved all over the place

I think about then in the early to mid 00’s torrenting took over the FTA shafting that was happening

The same happened to Scrubs and Lost on Severn

Incredibly it still makes me spew when I hear FTA bleating about Streaming services and their growth; they killed the golden goose

Now idk if that’s your reason but out of sight out of mind

It's not that I don't like mob/mafia stuff. I've seen many of the great mafia movies and enjoyed them. We just never watched this back when it aired for some reason. And I've never felt I needed to watch it.

From the outset - I'd say I'm NOT a fan of westerns.... yet plonk me down in front of the occasional one and I'll get into it (not the old old style but the Young Guns and True Grit remake etc). In contrast I wasn't a fan of the 3:10 to Yuma remake.

With mafia/mobster films, I remember glimpses of The Godfather when I was little, but I saw other gangster/mafia themed films (eg: Goodfellas, a tv mini series based on The Last Don book - titled the same) before I watched The Godfather Trilogy in full (early 2000's - when they were first released in a trilogy box set). It's not a genre that I sought out.

I will tell you why you never watched it and that was how Nien destroyed the viewing experience. It didn’t rate so pushed out to late night start times on Season 1.

Then with Season 2 about to start Nien put a notice on screen saying the new series won’t air tonight; instead S1 will be repeated. (Could have been S3 can’t remember exactly)

From that point on it was moved all over the place

I think about then in the early to mid 00’s torrenting took over the FTA shafting that was happening

The same happened to Scrubs and Lost on Severn

Incredibly it still makes me spew when I hear FTA bleating about Streaming services and their growth; they killed the golden goose

Now idk if that’s your reason but out of sight out of mind

Yeah Nine ruined it. Felt like we saw some episodes five times

Tom Elliot on 3aw uses the title theme to start his morning show this past week

Paulie Walnuts Mafia GIF by HBO

I think the biggest reason for me was my mum didn't like that kind of program so we weren't allowed to watch it. I had the same problem with the X-Files back then and I still haven't seen all of those to this day. I was in high school when these things first aired on TV.

I think the biggest reason for me was my mum didn't like that kind of program so we weren't allowed to watch it. I had the same problem with the X-Files back then and I still haven't seen all of those to this day. I was in high school when these things first aired on TV.

Your avatar is of a man in his 60’s; for some odd reason I think you are Blakey and an old man

Did you even watch On the Buses?

Wouldn’t get made today but hilarious I it’s time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back