Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

A girl gave me her LinkedIn at a club a few months back. Asked for her Instagram and she was about to give, before her friends stepped and said LinkedIn. Apparently, it's become the new way to pick up; as you can see what jobs a person has done and is doing before getting in contact.

Also good for those sugar babies looking for a daddy.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here every slid into someone's DMs on Linkedin? Two of my female colleagues have had this happen to them in the past two months. Would seem at best unprofessional and at worst very creepy.

(No this has never ever happened to me before you ask)

Was the perpetrator a colleague of theirs. And were you successful?

They'd literally just met at a conference, I don't know how much they engaged or the details.

And even if either of us were single she'd be way out of my league that's for sure!
so.......thats a no

Anyone else find themselves hypothetically spitballing a complete life reset? Like cutting all ties with friends, maybe family too, moving state/country/city, quitting your job, quitting social media???

Something I'm not seriously contemplating but some of my own "friends" and some my wife's "friends" are so toxic and manipulative, combined with the stress our jobs and families constantly put on us I find myself fantasizing what it might be like to just pack up and disappear with my wife...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else find themselves hypothetically spitballing a complete life reset? Like cutting all ties with friends, maybe family too, moving state/country/city, quitting your job, quitting social media???

Something I'm not seriously contemplating but some of my own "friend's" and some my wife's "friends" are so toxic and manipulative, combined with the stress our jobs and families put on us I find myself fantasizing what it might be like to just pack up and disappear with my wife...
I gave up Facebook a few months ago and it’s been great for my mental health and anxiety. I only have one friend that I see once a week/fortnight most others have given up on me due to my mental health and anxiety and lack of understanding. We live in a small town and there are so many toxic and entitled people around we prefer to keep to ourselves where we can. I would like to have a friendship where I could open up with a mate but I’ve never found one.

We packed up and moved our life 16 years ago and I’m glad we did. We both have fulfilling jobs now rather than just jobs and life is a lot better.

I had one toxic friend who I'd had enough of and ended up having to cut ties with 99% of my circle because they were happy to put up with it. I thought long and hard about it and in the end I decided enough was enough and if that's what it took to get that person out of my life so be it. That was about 10 years ago now. Sometimes I miss my friends but I don't regret making the decision.

I gave up Facebook a few months ago and it’s been great for my mental health and anxiety. I only have one friend that I see once a week/fortnight most others have given up on me due to my mental health and anxiety and lack of understanding. We live in a small town and there are so many toxic and entitled people around we prefer to keep to ourselves where we can. I would like to have a friendship where I could open up with a mate but I’ve never found one.

We packed up and moved our life 16 years ago and I’m glad we did. We both have fulfilling jobs now rather than just jobs and life is a lot better.
I definitely think social media is a massive, massive factor that drives contempt. Even as a fully grown adult I can honestly admit that a lot of the toxicity my wife and I experience with friends stems from social media use. A lot of it ridiculously petty and childish. Like what you could expect at a high school age. Finding out your not invited to certain events while others are, being alienated in group chats, constant material and intellectual oneupmanship, the need for affirmation. I like using social media to keep tab of my interests with sport, fitness, etc but the rest - its definitely got me thinking its time for a break. I listened to Liam Duggan on a podcast talking about giving it 4 years ago, saying how much its really helped him.

Last edited:
I definitely think social media is a massive, massive factor that drives contempt. Even as a fully grown adult I can honestly admit, that a lot of the toxicity my wife and I experience with friends stems from social media use. A lot of it ridiculously petty and childish. Like what you could expect at a high school age. Finding out you’re not invited to certain events while others are, being alienated in group chats, constant material and intellectual oneupmanship, the need for affirmation. I like using social media to keep tab of my interests with sport, fitness, etc but the rest - it’s definitely got me thinking its time for a break. I listened to Liam Duggan on a podcast talking about giving it 4 years ago, saying how much its really helped him.
My wife has a very public job in our region and I had to pull away from facebook as I was constantly defending her and her job/employer from local gossiping and misinformation. It was doing my head in and causing huge anxiety and blood pressure issues. In the end removing myself from seeing that has helped and she keeps me in the loop with stuff that is occurring but I don’t get involved. People really do become keyboard heroes on Facebook, the amount of times my wife has called these toxic individuals out and actually asks to meet up with them to discuss things and they ghost her is extremely high. People are just entitled and completely uninformed on so much stuff and they are rarely made accountable for the s**t they do online.

I had one toxic friend who I'd had enough of and ended up having to cut ties with 99% of my circle because they were happy to put up with it. I thought long and hard about it and in the end I decided enough was enough and if that's what it took to get that person out of my life so be it. That was about 10 years ago now. Sometimes I miss my friends but I don't regret making the decision.
Good on you mate. Sometimes you have to make the hard call. I'm in a similar position at the moment where I want to cut all ties with my "friends" that I know through my wife. They treat her like shite, and basically the way to pass the time with these people when they're around each other is to bitch about whoever isn't there. If A, B and C get together they'll spend the whole time bitching about D, E and F. If its B, C, D then they'll just slag off A. Its disgusting. Literally had one of them say he reckons person C murdered her ex-husband, nek minnit person C and him are at dinner together sitting next to each other like best friends. Its f**king unbelievable!

Something I'm not seriously contemplating but some of my own "friends" and some my wife's "friends" are so toxic and manipulative, combined with the stress our jobs and families constantly put on us I find myself fantasizing what it might be like to just pack up and disappear with my wife...
do it man
i moved from perth to GC 12-13 years ago. not for those reasons, i had other reasons, but no regrets

Ive been an awful friend lately. Have had so much going on that I just haven’t been as proactive with responses as I normally would. The interesting thing out of that is that only one has checked in and for me that sums up what life seems to be like these days

Did something similar about 8 years ago with most of my so called 'friends'

It was one of the hardest but best things I've ever done, no regrets at all.

Always dreamt about doing the big move interstate and never turning back but I was never prepared to put in the time and effort to find a new job or place to move into.

How would one record a free to air tv footy game on channel 7 these days?
Eg if i was to be out and cant watch a suns game (and i dont have foxtel or kayo and 7+ doesnt have the game) - is there a way? Like the good old days with a vcr?
If your TV remote has a record button on it You can purchase a HD recorder that plugs into the USB port on your TV. I’ve got a 2TB one that records up to 200 hrs of TV. Then go to the Electronic Program Guide and hit record on the remote. The HD is about $70 from JB. The only downside is you can’t watch another program on FTA at the same time.

If your TV remote has a record button on it You can purchase a HD recorder that plugs into the USB port on your TV. I’ve got a 2TB one that records up to 200 hrs of TV. Then go to the Electronic Program Guide and hit record on the remote. The HD is about $70 from JB. The only downside is you can’t watch another program on FTA at the same time.
Yeh cheers it does. I just tried looking at epg and scrolled (once it came up!) to a future program and pressed record and it said usb not detected. So i guess that looks to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back