Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

when heating foot in microwave do you leave the lid on (if you have a lid), or open it partially?

====================

Continued from Part 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always found this sorta scenario a little strange, if we're happy to commit to a 30y mortgage and even a child, why not be married yet?

I mean, it doesn't matter, and I don't particularly care but for a bit of curiosity
The wedding day is important to both of us, however my partner has this weird thing where she doesn’t want to be engaged for years before the actual wedding.

As she decided to go to university and study at 23 years of age, I’ve carried a lot of the cost of living expenses for the last 4 years and she graduated at the end of last year, she starts her post grad role next month where her salary will triple (thank * for that on a personal level).

From a financial perspective it wasn’t viable at the time.

House wise, the house is actually only in my name as a uni students financial situation wasn’t going to benefit the application. We are de facto regardless so it’s neither here nor there. We required a house as we inherited 2 dogs from her previous relationship under s**t circumstances and needed a house to have them.

Fertility wise, I have some medical conditions that mean I need to freeze it for future use which is what I’m doing. Kids are probably 2 years from now on our radar, if we even want them.

I would imagine for some marriage doesn’t hold a lot of meaning, at the end of the day it is just a piece of paper. The way you act and the things you share with your other half probably show just as much commitment as saying I do.

That was my take on it, if you're committed to each other and in a loving relationship you shouldn't be relying on a piece of paper to handcuff you together. My marriage lasted nearly 29 years and tbh that was probably 25 years too long. Met my current partner almost 2 years ago and asked her if she wanted to get married last November, more for her than me, but its something I'm happy to do because its showing her the commitment she hasn't had from anyone else until now.

Yeah that's a lot, really fast! I know people say "when you know, you know" but so soon after a marriage breakdown probably isn't the best time to make major life changing decisions.
Oh yeah, don't worry! Have no intention of doing anything like that yet. Like I said, would wait at least a couple of years.

The Qantas website says I can carry up to 4x28g non-flammable gas cartridges on a flight

I only have 2 cartridges but they are 33g

If I disclose the difference on my dangerous goods declaration form, and they make me ship them as freight, do they come on the same flight as me?

The Qantas website says I can carry up to 4x28g non-flammable gas cartridges on a flight

I only have 2 cartridges but they are 33g

If I disclose the difference on my dangerous goods declaration form, and they make me ship them as freight, do they come on the same flight as me?
You're a dad, right?

Just pat your belly and say "oh but you let THIS gas cartridge on? OK. look around at other passengers chuckling".

They will waive the rule immediately. Guaranteed.

Why is it that in Australia wearing an NBA jersey is cool but wearing an AFL guernsey is kind of strange?
My son only wears his to the gym, but you’re right when you see someone wearing a guernsey and it’s not game day I think, “you’re a tool” but if I see a nba jersey I don’t think much unless it’s a s**t one

My son only wears his to the gym, but you’re right when you see someone wearing a guernsey and it’s not game day I think, “you’re a tool” but if I see a nba jersey I don’t think much unless it’s a s**t one

It's kind of a shame, but it's true. The AFL hasn't been able to make guernseys cool in the same way.

I'm a bogan so I have no issue going down to the shop in my Roos guernsey on a hot day, but I don't think it's that common to do so.

Why is it that in Australia wearing an NBA jersey is cool but wearing an AFL guernsey is kind of strange?

I think its the cut. wider shoulder. basketball jerseys are a bit less in the fabric footprint.

HH23JSY01M-FRONT__77862.1700187174.jpg

I saw a guy the other day in Bulls jersey and Miami Heat cap, that’s a tool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never even owned a footy jersey (aside from the teams I played in as a teenager.) I don't know what it is about them, but the design of them is just so lame.

I saw a guy the other day in Bulls jersey and Miami Heat cap, that’s a tool
I mean, yeah it looks a bit silly. Arguably just as silly though to be a die-hard supporter of a team that's representing a city that the person has never set foot in.

I love the NBA and have followed it closely for about 80% of my life. I suppose I support a team, because you're obliged to, but I've gotten over their numerous game 7 losses in recent years in about 15 minutes... I just don't care that much.

I have dozens of different teams t-shirts, singlets, hoodies and so on (same with NCAA gear, with the authentic stuff seeming to be increasingly difficult to find with Eastbay stopping its global delivery). I wouldn't wear conflicting teams at the same time mind you, but I think it could be explained away by someone not having a close affinity with any team and just liking the colours/design. In parts of Germany, people would think you're silly for wearing Puma shoes with an Adidas jumper.

Ok how do I stop a dog from stealing our shoes etc? It’s 1am and my dog has been going coco bananas running around so I got up and he had a pair of my shoes, three of the kids toys and all kinds of crap. Can you crate train a 6 month old puppy?

Ok how do I stop a dog from stealing our shoes etc? It’s 1am and my dog has been going coco bananas running around so I got up and he had a pair of my shoes, three of the kids toys and all kinds of crap. Can you crate train a 6 month old puppy?

I'd like to know that, too. Our 6 month old pup loves stealing shoes as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back