Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we feel about Jetstar these days?

I normally avoid it like the plague, but I'm looking at upcoming flights to Tassie and to Sydney, and Jetstar is soooo much cheaper.

Are RM Williams boots really that good that they are worth $600+ or is there are much cheaper equivalent?
I resisted buying RMs for a long time but any cheaper option I tried (Aquila etc) fell apart in 18 months

I am hard on shoes but I haven’t found anything with similar build quality at a lower price point. I get them resoled every couple of years but that is it.

I resisted buying RMs for a long time but any cheaper option I tried (Aquila etc) fell apart in 18 months

I am hard on shoes but I haven’t found anything with similar build quality at a lower price point. I get them resoled every couple of years but that is it.
With a pair of Chucks and some thongs you've got all bases covered.

My manager reckons RM Williams boots are the ****, I'm sick of him going on about it actually ha ha

My partner has received a work contract with a non compete clause where she's unable to work for a large part of her industry for 1 year if she leaves. Are such clauses legally enforceable?

My partner has received a work contract with a non compete clause where she's unable to work for a large part of her industry for 1 year if she leaves. Are such clauses legally enforceable?
That’s pretty shitty

Short answer not really. Long answer are you pockets deeper than the company?
You ever heard of a dollar? Well I've got hundreds of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a few of these over the years, generally speaking they aren't enforceable from what I've been advised in the past. Best to get it looked at by an employment lawyer if you know one.

I normally avoid it like the plague, but I'm looking at upcoming flights to Tassie and to Sydney, and Jetstar is soooo much cheaper.

Nothing wrong with them if you don't go in with high expectations and expect that the flight will probably be 30 minutes delayed.

Last month I flew with Jetstar and Qantas and the Jetstar flight was easily the more comfortable.

Best to ask a lawyer type but from my experience they can't stop you working but they can put controls on contacting clients, staff etc.
can threaten legal action, can cost you money even if legally they can't win which is generally enough yeah

I fly Jetstar Melbourne <> Launceston a lot. Main issue for me is that your flight is delayed 90% of the time.

It depends a lot on the field and the justification I think

My only real experience of them being commonplace is in finance, where a paid non-compete period is a standard part of quant contracts. You sort of need them there, otherwise the quants would just walk across the street and immediately start trading against their old teams' strategies. After a little while the knowledge is a bit out of date, so they just have everyone sit out for a few months between jobs.

If it's unpaid I think you need a fairly good argument, because taking away someone's ability to earn a living is a big ask

I fly Jetstar Melbourne <> Launceston a lot. Main issue for me is that your flight is delayed 90% of the time.

Yeah Melbourne to Sydney would probably be fine. If there is any issue in the Jetstar network they always pull the plane from the Tas routes leaving the Tas routes perenially delayed. I always fly Virigin.

Can you take carry-on? If your landing time critical?

If you don't need to check luggage I think you'll be fine.

Settle an argument for me BF brains trust.

Noisy farting in middle age - still hilarious, or a sign one needs to grow up? (I’m sure you know where I landed in the argument!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back