Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Drug-wise you basically have two options: antihistamines (e.g. meclizine, dramamine) or scopolamines (e.g. kwells)

Kwells is the most heavy-duty solution, it physically blocks the nerve signals to the brain associated with motion sickness. It is generally what ocean sailors take. But antihistamines can also work for less severe symptoms, or if you get a lot of side effects with Kwells.

Whatever you take, the critical bit is to start taking it before you get sick. Once you're sick, pretty much nothing helps.
From what I’ve been reading, you can take meclizine literally as daily tablets and it keeps it at bay. Can’t do that with kwells I didn’t think?

If meclizine works, she can just take it in the mornings every day couldn’t she?

Anyone deal with motion sickness and had any wins?

Partner isn’t great as a passenger in vehicles, on boats or planes.

Meclizine which you can get off Amazon has a lot of good reviews. Apparently you can’t get it here though, so no good if it’s something that might pop up on a work drug test, etc.

I get seasick and I've found success with Travacalm.

From what I’ve been reading, you can take meclizine literally as daily tablets and it keeps it at bay. Can’t do that with kwells I didn’t think?

If meclizine works, she can just take it in the mornings every day couldn’t she?
meclizine isn’t magic, it’s just an antihistamine… if antihistamines work for her then great, if not try kwells

either can be taken over a protracted period, I know sailors who take kwells every six hours for a week when racing to Hobart

If you’re suggesting she takes it as a permanent daily medication that seems like overkill

meclizine isn’t magic, it’s just an antihistamine… if antihistamines work for her then great, if not try kwells

either can be taken over a protracted period, I know sailors who take kwells every six hours for a week when racing to Hobart

If you’re suggesting she takes it as a permanent daily medication that seems like overkill
Yep, was suggesting permanent daily.

Very often we will be 5 minutes into a drive and she’s feeling motion sickness as the passenger.

If only you could get a long lasting version of the jab they give on boats.

Yep, was suggesting permanent daily.

Very often we will be 5 minutes into a drive and she’s feeling motion sickness as the passenger.

If only you could get a long lasting version of the jab they give on boats.
I mentioned earlier that these wrist bands have worked wonders for me on all the cruises we’ve been on, might be worth a trial for the car as well.

IMG_5096.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back