The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This will sound ridiculous but seeing Hugh and Harris picking up all of the empty Gatorade bottles after the song and putting them in the bin and not leaving it to other staffers shows what a respectful and mindful group they are. I recall first seeing this behaviour in one of then soccer World Cups when the Japanese players would clean their change rooms and generally tidy up after themselves and not leave it to others. Speaks of a great culture I think particularly if the leaders are doing it.

This will sound ridiculous but seeing Hugh and Harris picking up all of the empty Gatorade bottles after the song and putting them in the bin and not leaving it to other staffers shows what a respectful and mindful group they are. I recall first seeing this behaviour in one of then soccer World Cups when the Japanese players would clean their change rooms and generally tidy up after themselves and not leave it to others. Speaks of a great culture I think particularly if the leaders are doing it.
A lot of Japanese schools don’t have cleaners. It’s the students job to clean their classrooms after school.

I remember Nick Robertson getting the group together and saying something along the lines of we should be respectful to the staffers and hand them bottles etc and not throw it to them. Other stuff may have been said as well but can't remember.

I think maybe the mighty All Blacks Rugby team has had a similar policy over the years.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they always leave their changerooms spotless after they play and no matter where they play.

I think maybe the mighty All Blacks Rugby team has had a similar policy over the years.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they always leave their changerooms spotless after they play and no matter where they play.
Pity the same couldn't be said for their opponents backs after clearing out a ruck.

Looks like the fast rebound game plan is settling well and being supported by our new player additions in the last few weeks. We look a bit tentative at times but if we keep going with this style, I'm hoping it clicks in the second half.

More importantly we've found the 23rd to 26/27 players who can step in if needed and be competent in their roles. Feeling confident with the talent on the list if we need to do a mini-refresh end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Nick Robertson getting the group together and saying something along the lines of we should be respectful to the staffers and hand them bottles etc and not throw it to them. Other stuff may have been said as well but can't remember.
Shades of Johnathan Thurston with his kicking tees.

Harris Andrews is consistently excellent at intercept marking and saves lots of goals being conceded.

I know this is the positives thread but kinda sad that our most reliable forwards are 19 and 21.

We got a #1 mid in Will Ashcroft last year and will get another #1 mid in Levi this year - that injection of talent just never happens with a team that is contending. The age demo of the list is healthy and guys like Marshall, Gallop and maybe Gilder will add further young talent to develop.

This year stinks, but long term the list is extremely healthy and set up for success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back