Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exum got cut

Bit of a shame but completely understand why they have gone with Armoni Brooks over him.

Hopefully he comes back to Aus and plays a season with SEM if he can’t get another NBA opportunity.

You get better defence from the virus from getting it than the vax, no?
No. New variants can emerge and getting vaccinated reduces the spread of the virus.

I didn't think Exum was too bad but understand why they'd go with others. Still think he has an NBA career in him but probably best with a good team where he can come on with the second unit and guard the oppositions best guard for 5-10 mins a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for Exum. Outside of his rookie year, I don't think he has ever really been given a proper opportunity.

Mostly due to injuries, but not entirely. Snyder always had him on a ridiculously short leash.

Cavs should have made him starting PG, because he would have actually tried to get the ball to Love. They then could have gotten off Love's contract.

Even this preseason he showed enough, in his extremely limited opportunities, that he is NBA standard.

I think now it would be best for him to move to another league and get proper minutes.

Great value. Locking in a lot of $'s for this team though with a notoriously cheap owner, getting an extension on Ayton might be difficult.
No doubt about the Sarver narrative. This mark for Mikal was a bit less than what I was expecting so hopefully a few pennies left for the big fella.

I thought that was rather obvious in my first statement. Unless you are a top 3-5 center - Jokic, Embiid, Rudy (questionable), AD/Giannis (if want to label as center, you can find value in cheap replacement centers and spending the money elsewhere.

I rate Ayton highly, the max money is a big call though given they have Booker, Paul, and soon Bridges will be asking for 20m+ a year. Do you want to be paying ~$120m for those four?

Bam is maxxed too

Ayton should be a max player. I have not watched him closely enough but does he dominate the paint? He'd need to because putting up 14 & 10 and unable to stretch the floor would not get a max deal for a guy taken at pick 20 instead of 1.

Ayton should be a max player. I have not watched him closely enough but does he dominate the paint? He'd need to because putting up 14 & 10 and unable to stretch the floor would not get a max deal for a guy taken at pick 20 instead of 1.

Will defer to local Sunnies like Look2Me4Guidance but he's an excellent finisher more than post beast. Low free throw numbers offer a clue.

Anywhere inside 15-18 feet he is an elite finisher though, so does offer some spacing and good P & R partner. Could probably stand to try dunking on fools a little more, but his touch is that good that he tends to avoid contact.

Defensively very good. Perhaps not at Gobert's level there, but much more rounded game at the other end. If he doesn't get max, he'll get near enough.

Will defer to local Sunnies like Look2Me4Guidance but he's an excellent finisher more than post beast. Low free throw numbers offer a clue.

Anywhere inside 15-18 feet he is an elite finisher though, so does offer some spacing and good P & R partner. Could probably stand to try dunking on fools a little more, but his touch is that good that he tends to avoid contact.

Defensively very good. Perhaps not at Gobert's level there, but much more rounded game at the other end. If he doesn't get max, he'll get near enough.
Some reason my head went to Amare>Dirk when you compared Gobert and Ayton :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back